RAGGEDY ANNIE'S GRANNY



This blog will be all about FUN Times .. Granny's have fun times too you know .. especially Raggedy Annie's Granny .. she's always having a good time!!


Pages

Saturday, November 17, 2012

ADVENTURE NUMBER THREE .. KEN'S FRIENDS, PAPPY'S BBQ AND PUMPKIN ROLLS!!!

Ken meets up with several of his friends at the St. Louis Bread Company a couple times a week for Coffee .. they were all dying to meet this woman he had been talking about for the last 3 or 4 weeks .. so off we went early Friday morning to the Bread Company to join them!!  Was I nerovus????  No.  I had met Pat and Rich and Sylvia and Carl at his house Sunday evening .. and he had told me so many stories about all of them  and the things they had all done together that I knew I was going to like them all before I ever met them!!  I felt quite comfortable and right at home with them!!! 

I don't know why I didn't take a picture of the front of the store .. Duhhhhh!!!  But here you are inside .. the men and women sit at separate tables but close together. 








This is a test for me .. starting with me .. the one with the blue jacket over the back of the chair .. and going to the left .. Jane, Sharon, Laverne, Nancy .. also known as "Chocolate" .. Shirley, another Nancy .. known as Sweet Nancey .. Bev, Ann Marie and Pat.  I "think" I got them all right .. I'll have to ask Ken!!!  



I didn't do so well on the men's names .. but then I wasn't sitting with them .. LOL!!  


This lady was Ken's boss when he worked at Monsanto Chemical Company .. they hadn't seen each other for 14 years and she just happened to come walking in that morning!  They both were greatly surprised to see each other!!!  They hadn't seen each other for 14 years .. she ended up in tears!!!  


Shirley, Nancy, and Ann.  Ann looks and dresses a lot like the "Maxine" character that we all know and love!!!  


Hmmmm .. let me see .. from the left .. Rich, Jerry, Don .. across the table .. Paul (maybe), Billy (maybe) and Carl.   I'll have to find out from Ken how many of these I got right .. or wrong!!


Shirley, Nancy, Ann, Bev, Ann Marie and Pat.  These ladies are all very nice and very friendly!!  



Ken gives Laverne a Birthday kiss before we leave.  Believe it or not she was having her 81st birthday!!  She didn't look or act like she was 81 to me!!!  

We had a lot of laughs and a good time at the Bread Company .. I'm looking forward to meeting up with all of them again .. you couldn't ask for a nicer .. or crazier .. bunch of people!!!  

Next stop .. time for Ken to have an adventure .. he's been taking me to the places he knows and loves .. I thought it was time he saw what "treasure hunting at Goodwill" was all about .. LOL!!  He had been in the Festus GW Boutique to bring me a Cherry Soda and a hug but he hadn't really been "treasure hunting" so that didn't count!!    




This is a nice big clean store .. neither of us found any "treasures" but I did find these ... 


New Balance tennis shoes .. not even any dirt on the soles .. for $12.00!!  That's the fun of shopping at thrift stores!!!  

Next stop .. "Pappy's" for lunch ..


The guy on the right is carrying a big tray of BBQ Ribs into the Restaurant!


The Ribs are cooked over Hickory logs in the big silver BBQ pit on the right!!  





Willy Nelson has even eaten here .. AND had his picture taken!!!  

I got the Pulled BBQ Pork platter .. Ken got the Ribs .. both were DEEELLLIIICCCIOUSSSS!!! If you like BBQ Pork and you're in St. Louis .. be sure and go to Pappy's!!!! 

After having lunch we ventured to a Micro Electronics store where Ken bought a wireless printer for his computer and I decided to buy a wireless keyboard and mouse for mine. 

And then we left the big city for Raintree Subdivision and Ken's house .. we saw a hot air balloon along the way ...




 And 3 deer in the front yard of one of his neighbors houses!!!!  

Once we got to Ken's house he settled in to get his printer hooked up with his computer and I settled in to making  a huge mess in his kitchen putting together my Pumpkin Rolls for Thanksgiving!!!  I should have taken a picture of the mess .. you get Powdered Sugar everywhere .. but I'm sure glad those things are made .. that's the messiest part of our Thanksgiving feast!!! 

Thanks for another great day Ken .. you're all right .. no matter what your friends say .. LOL!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEL FREE TO MAKE COMMENTS .. I love to read them and reply. Comments make you realize someone is actually looking at your blog .. LOL!!

Followers

About Me

My photo
Blogging is one of my favorite things to do .. in fact .. I have FOUR blogs .. LOL!! "MY BIT OF MORNING BLATHER" .. is just that .. a bunch of blather!! My way of keeping up with friends and family. "BERTHA'S BED AND BREAKFAST" .. this is an ongoing project about my ancestry. RAGGEDY ANNIE'S GRANNY .. is about fun things Ken and I have done and travels we have made!!! KEN AND LIZ'S BIG ADVENTURE .. is about our latest adventure .. selling our home and buying another home!! If you want to check any of them out let me know and I will send you a link!!