RAGGEDY ANNIE'S GRANNY



This blog will be all about FUN Times .. Granny's have fun times too you know .. especially Raggedy Annie's Granny .. she's always having a good time!!


Pages

Saturday, March 30, 2013

TUESDAY WITH THE SIBLINGS!!


Tuesday, March 5th, Ken and I journied to  Charleston, Illinois to join my siblings at the County Market for lunch.  The County Market is actually a large grocery store with a deli and a dining area above the sales floor!!!  My siblings get together quite often on one Tuesday a month when the weather permits .. I am looking forward to being able to attend many more of these get-togethers!! 





Ken and I arrived at the County Market early .. we went in and took a look around and snapped a pic of the dining area and then took off for a drive through the town. 


When we saw this Antiques shop we instantly pulled into the parking lot to take a look around!!  The store was a lot bigger than it looked and held all kinds of wondrous things .. sad to say we made it through just a couple of rooms and there were rooms everywhere .. we will definitely be coming back to visit this place!!  I'm hoping our next Tuesday get-together is in the Charleston area .. I'm thinking we could spend a whole day perusing everything in the Copper Eagle!!! 


We returned to the County Market in time to get a picture of some of the siblings from the upstairs dining area!!  Dorothy Jeanne, Juanita and Bill.


A neat view of the sales floor!!  


Ordering lunch at the Deli!
Ken, Shirley, Evelyn


HMMMMM .. this is interesting .. "HOG WASH"!!!


Ken had to get a bottle of course .. LOL!! 


 One of the County Market employees was kind enough to take our pic.  The sun was pouring in that big window and the pics came out a bit dark but if you look real hard you can pick us out!! 


On the Left: Shirley, Juanita, Tommy and Bill
On the Right:  Ken, Liz, Evelyn and Dorothy Jeanne



Bellies are full .. some of us would be going for a tour of Shirley's new apartment .. and some were going to the hospital to visit my sister June who had received a pacemaker the night before!! 
 

KNOCK KNOCK .. 
Anybody home???????


I love the way Shirley decorates!!! 


Sorry this pic is so blurry .. I loved everything in Shirley's new home but especially liked her TV entertainment center!!!  











Don't you just love it!!!!   


Our next "move" was to the conference room to play a rousing game of Blitz!!  We were furnished with a delicious fruit tray and Coffee and Tea for our afternoon!!  They had also left a bouquet and birthday balloon for Shirley's birthday!!  Kay and Jim joined us for the Blitz game .. Kay WON!!!  



Time to say goodbye ..  .. Ken and I had a great time and we're both looking forward to many more get-togethers with my this bunch!!! 


Ken and I stopped by Sarah Bush Hospital to visit with June before heading back to Missouri.  I'm happy to say she was looking good and was very chipper .. hard to believe she'd has a pacemaker put in just the night before!!!  I'm even happier to say that she was able to go home the next day!!  How awesome today's medical wonders are!!  Thank You Lord!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEL FREE TO MAKE COMMENTS .. I love to read them and reply. Comments make you realize someone is actually looking at your blog .. LOL!!

Followers

About Me

My photo
Blogging is one of my favorite things to do .. in fact .. I have FOUR blogs .. LOL!! "MY BIT OF MORNING BLATHER" .. is just that .. a bunch of blather!! My way of keeping up with friends and family. "BERTHA'S BED AND BREAKFAST" .. this is an ongoing project about my ancestry. RAGGEDY ANNIE'S GRANNY .. is about fun things Ken and I have done and travels we have made!!! KEN AND LIZ'S BIG ADVENTURE .. is about our latest adventure .. selling our home and buying another home!! If you want to check any of them out let me know and I will send you a link!!