RAGGEDY ANNIE'S GRANNY



This blog will be all about FUN Times .. Granny's have fun times too you know .. especially Raggedy Annie's Granny .. she's always having a good time!!


Pages

Monday, June 6, 2016

WHAT'S IN KANSAS CITY????

Time for the Novak's to go on a new adventure!!!  We have been talking for a long while about going to Kansas City .. lots of Antique Stores .. lots of great BBQ spots .. and lots of things to see and do!!!  After a stop at South County Mall for our Monday Morning walk .. and a couple of cups of Coffee at the Bread Company with  the "Bread Co Bunch" ..  we finally headed that way this morning!!!!   The weather was bright and sunny and breezy .. a perfect day for traveling!!! 

First picture was at one of the Rest Stops .. I just had to get a picture of this sign!!!  Perhaps I'm telling on myself on how little I paid attention in school .. but I had no idea Eisenhower was the one who got the interstate highway system going!!!  Ken knew all about it and told me about it after I took this picture!!! 


Our first stop other than Rest Areas was the Apple Wagon Antique Mall in Williamsburg, MO ..



This isn't just an Antique Mall it's also has hobby supplies and crafts .. Mike gets some of the wood he uses for carving and working on the lathe here and Ken was hoping to buy some Bass Wood for carving but they were out!!!   I found a couple of tables I thought MIGHT make a neat desk for my laptop .. took pics and will think about it .. didn't want to buy something before we even get to Kansas City and the Antique stores there .. LOL!!!





Next stop .. Artichoke Annie's Antique Mall in Columbia, MO ..


Found an old tricycle there that I like .. would like to have an old old tricycle to put outside but not sure this is the one!!! 


By the time we made it through Artichoke Annie's it was after 2:00 and our tummy's were saying "feed me .. feed me"!!!  It just happened that there is a Cracker Barrel in Columbia, MO and as everybody knows Cracker Barrel is one of our favorite places to eat when we are traveling!!! 


I never fail to think of my son Tim's girls, Sydni and Summer, when we go to Cracker Barrel and picture them sitting on the front porch playing checkers from those big rocking chairs!!! 


Yep .. there's the Clabber Girl sign!!!  Just about every Cracker Barrel we have been in has had a Clabber Girl sign hanging somewhere .. and we always look to try and find it .. and of course I take a picture!!! 

Back on the road again .. we make it to  Emma, Missouri!!!  Jane .. one of our Bread Company friends .. was born and raised in Emma ..  so of course a picture had to be taken on the Emma signs!!!    We are planning to go to downtown Emma and take some pics as we are headed home.  Some of Jane's family still live in Emma and she has friends there too. 




Shortly after we passed Emma the dark clouds started floating through the sky .. we thought we were headed for rain but alack and alas the clouds soon drifted away to some other place and the sun was back out again!!!  Thank You Lord!!!



 We decided to spend the night in Indepence, MO instead of driving on to  Kansas City .. the Quality Inn and Suites looked like a good place to stay ..





AND there is a Bandana's just across the parking lot!!!   I guess you know where we went a little bit  later for our dinner .. LOL!!! 





Made it back .. LOL!!!


Bellies are full .. we're all settled into our room .. Ken is stretched out on the bed watching a Western movie on TV and here I sit pecking away on my keyboard .. resting up for a big day in Kansas City tomorrow!!!  Ken has a lot of things lined up for us to do .. including finding penny smashers to make my daughter happy .. LOL!!! 

And  the first day of our latest adventure comes to an end .. time to say Good Night!!! 



2 comments:

  1. Hi Liz and Ken !! Great pics !! Glad you are having good weather !! Enjoy !!

    ReplyDelete

FEEL FREE TO MAKE COMMENTS .. I love to read them and reply. Comments make you realize someone is actually looking at your blog .. LOL!!

Followers

About Me

My photo
Blogging is one of my favorite things to do .. in fact .. I have FOUR blogs .. LOL!! "MY BIT OF MORNING BLATHER" .. is just that .. a bunch of blather!! My way of keeping up with friends and family. "BERTHA'S BED AND BREAKFAST" .. this is an ongoing project about my ancestry. RAGGEDY ANNIE'S GRANNY .. is about fun things Ken and I have done and travels we have made!!! KEN AND LIZ'S BIG ADVENTURE .. is about our latest adventure .. selling our home and buying another home!! If you want to check any of them out let me know and I will send you a link!!