RAGGEDY ANNIE'S GRANNY



This blog will be all about FUN Times .. Granny's have fun times too you know .. especially Raggedy Annie's Granny .. she's always having a good time!!


Pages

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

LET'S GO ANTIQUING!!


The weather in Missouri was beautiful last week and Ken and I decided early in the week that when Wednesday rolled around we were going to go "Antiquing" .. and we did!!  We were up bright and early and headed for Farmington, Missouri to check out their Antique Malls.  Sad to say we started out so early that we got to Farmington before the stores even opened .. LOL!!  Unbeknownst to us the Antique Malls didn't open until 10:00 and we got to the first one about 9:30!!  We'll know next time to sleep in before heading out on our antiquing adventure!!!  After driving  around the Farmington countryside for 30 minutes we made our way to "Forever Antiques" ..




As you can see it's a huge place .. and it was filled with wondrous old things!!!


Ken liked this old wagon .. so did I .. but I couldn't convince him to tie it to the car and pull it back to Hillsboro .. LOL!!  

 






We didn't figure out what this thing was but it was very big and very interesting!!! 


READY TO GO IN????????

 
The Ghirardellis Chocolate picture is something we may have to come back for someday .. if I can find a place big enough to hang it .. Ken and I both loved it!!  But it's bigger than it looks and what few empty spots we have left aren't big enough!!  I may have to talk myself into getting rid of something .. YIKES!! 
 

I thought the wooden "Thyme To Garden" plaque was very cute .. the wooden folding rack was really neat too!!!  


Ken found our first "must have" treasure of the day!!!  A Coca Cola sign commemorating the 50th Anniversary .. 1886 to 1936.  It's not old and rusty and ugly .. so we got it for only $10.00!!


Isn't this a great way to display your small bottles???????????






I thought this was a clever way to display old pictures!!!  I think I would put a big heart on it instead of a star!! 


Just had to get a picture of this guy .. you'll see a friend of his later!!  









We stopped and told this guy where he could find his friend as we were on our way out the door .. LOL!! 



A coffee table made out of a porthole and clock!!  Not something I would want but definitely unique!!! 




How could I NOT take a picture of this???????


Know anybody who needs a woman in his life??????


I thought maybe Ken could make me one of these ..
WHOOPS .. did I forget to tell you that Ken?????


Hmmmmm .. I kinda' like these too Ken!!!


Don't even know what to tell you about this thing .. she's a little tooooo "primitive" for me!!!


Isn't this BEAUTIFUL!!!!!
 

I just had to get a picture of this  beautiful sky as our day of antiquing came to an end and we were on our way home!!!


The "TREASURES"!!!




Of course I love this one!!


Not only is it a bottle of Pepsi but it commemorates Ohio's bicentennial .. AND my maternal ancestors were from Ohio!!


My maternal grandparents, great grandparents and great great grandparents were found in Allen County, Auglaize County and Van Wert County.  Van Wert County is just to the left of Allen County .. Whoops .. I should have turned the bottle just a little bit more!! 


It was a terrific "adventure" AND we found some real "treasures" .. Thank You Ken .. it's so great to have someone in my life who is not only willing to go "treasure hunting" with me but you even enjoy it  .. just one of the things I love about you!!!! 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for letting us go antiquing with you vicariously. Enjoyed it. Yes I too am thankful that Ken not only goes with you but enjoys it! Think he's a keeper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed it too and I would have said the same thing that Kay said --

    ReplyDelete

FEEL FREE TO MAKE COMMENTS .. I love to read them and reply. Comments make you realize someone is actually looking at your blog .. LOL!!

Followers

About Me

My photo
Blogging is one of my favorite things to do .. in fact .. I have FOUR blogs .. LOL!! "MY BIT OF MORNING BLATHER" .. is just that .. a bunch of blather!! My way of keeping up with friends and family. "BERTHA'S BED AND BREAKFAST" .. this is an ongoing project about my ancestry. RAGGEDY ANNIE'S GRANNY .. is about fun things Ken and I have done and travels we have made!!! KEN AND LIZ'S BIG ADVENTURE .. is about our latest adventure .. selling our home and buying another home!! If you want to check any of them out let me know and I will send you a link!!