RAGGEDY ANNIE'S GRANNY



This blog will be all about FUN Times .. Granny's have fun times too you know .. especially Raggedy Annie's Granny .. she's always having a good time!!


Pages

Sunday, September 29, 2013

MY FIRST TIME AT BUSCH STADIUM!!!

Ken has been talking all Summer about taking me to Busch Stadium for a Cardinal's game but we have been waiting for cooler weather!!  His friends told him if he took me while the weather was steaming hot I'd be miserable and I would never go again!!  He got a call from his nephew, Larry, in Memphis .. he was coming to town for a Cardinal's game and wanted to take Uncle Kenny and his new wife with  him .. we certainly couldn't say no to that .. LOL!!  



I should have bummed one of Ken's Cardinal's hats to make my outfit complete!!!! 



The red brick building is the new Busch Stadium.  The parking lot we were in was about a 2 block walk to the Stadium. 


It wasn't too crowded when we got there .. we were about an hour and a half early!!!  We wanted to be sure to get a good place to park so we purposely went early!


Larry, Ken and Jerry 


You can tell we're early .. we got to watch them prepare the ball field .. and look at all those empty seats!!  They didn't stay empty long!!! 


A half hour later and it's getting a whole lot busier!!


Time for a Hot Dog and Burger and Fries .. only $16.00! 


Time for the National Anthem .. even Fred Bird covers his heart!!


The National Anthem was sung by a children's group but I don't remember where they were from.  They did a great job!!


There are still a lot of empty seats!!  


AH HA .. now I know .. the National Anthem was performed by Greenville Elementary's Greenville Bearytones!!!   So glad I took this picture of the video of the group as they performed!!


Fredbird .. they have T shirts rolled into balls and the girls have giant rubber bands .. the T shirt ball is placed in the rubber band and shot into the crowd and fought and lucky Cardinal fans get a free Cardinals T shirt!!!  None of us was the lucky fan!!!


The game is on ..  St. Louis Cardinals and Washington Nationals!!


Everybody around us had their phones out taking pictures of themselves so I thought I might as well give it a shot too!!!  


I thought I had a great shot of all three of them but Jerry moved back about the time I snapped the picture!!!  Oh well .. you can still see all three of them!! 


Not many empty seats now .. LOL!!
 


Jerry, Larry, Ken and Me .. the best looking bunch in the crowd .. LOL!!  I'll be wearing a Cardinals hat the next time!!  A lady sitting behind us was kind enough to take a picture during a break in the game!





This is the view from our seats without using the zoom lens .. we were in the seats behind the red head in the left corner of the picture.   You can see what's going on a whole lot better at home in front of the TV but you sure miss a lot of excitement!!! 


People people everywhere .. I told you those seats wouldn't be empty long .. LOL!! 

 

 


Games over .. lots of happy Cardinals fans pouring out of the Stadium .. we won 4-1!! 
YAAAYYYYYYY CARDS!!!
 
As we were walking out of the Stadium and I was seeing all the people pouring out and all the cars already out in the streets I was thinking OMG we're never going to get out of here!!  BUT .. Jerry picked the lot we parked in and it was PERFECT .. only a couple blocks from the Stadium .. and there was a back way out of the lot so you didn't have to try to get out in all the traffic that was going through!!!  And Larry picked a perfect day to go to the game and had great seats .. temp was in the eighties but our seats were in a shaded area AND there was a wonderful breeze blowing through all afternoon!!   
 
What a fun afternoon it was .. I thoroughly enjoyed my first visit to the Stadium.  And Meeting Larry and Jerry was a great treat too .. they are two very nice guys AND they're almost as wacky as Ken .. gotta' love 'em!!!  Thank You Larry for this adventure.. hopefully we will do it again some time .. and of course Jerry will have to come along too!!! 
 

1 comment:

  1. Good Job,Liz !!! I really enjoyed your day at "Busch Stadium"!!!Great pics and the song ended it perfectly !

    ReplyDelete

FEEL FREE TO MAKE COMMENTS .. I love to read them and reply. Comments make you realize someone is actually looking at your blog .. LOL!!

Followers

About Me

My photo
Blogging is one of my favorite things to do .. in fact .. I have FOUR blogs .. LOL!! "MY BIT OF MORNING BLATHER" .. is just that .. a bunch of blather!! My way of keeping up with friends and family. "BERTHA'S BED AND BREAKFAST" .. this is an ongoing project about my ancestry. RAGGEDY ANNIE'S GRANNY .. is about fun things Ken and I have done and travels we have made!!! KEN AND LIZ'S BIG ADVENTURE .. is about our latest adventure .. selling our home and buying another home!! If you want to check any of them out let me know and I will send you a link!!