RAGGEDY ANNIE'S GRANNY



This blog will be all about FUN Times .. Granny's have fun times too you know .. especially Raggedy Annie's Granny .. she's always having a good time!!


Pages

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

CRAFTY SATURDAY!!



It's been a while since my siblings have had a get-together and it's been even longer since we've had a get-together for the next generation to join us so Madonna put her thinking cap on and came up with a great idea for a get-together for the ladies .. "CRAFTY SATURDAY"!!!   A chance to visit AND share some of the crafts that we do .. and if you don't do a craft .. come anyway and learn one!!!! 


Front row:  Madonna, Juanita, Peggy .. Back row:  Lisa, Diana, Theresa, Jenny, Evelyn, Terri, Cris, Kay, June and Myself.


 Thank You Jim for being our photographer .. you did a great job!!!

 
Juanita and Peggy brought their Memory Bears and Theresa brought Mom's old  picnic basket .. so Mom was with us in spirit.  I'm sure is she could really have been there she would have loved it!!!

FIRST DEMONSTRATION OF THE DAY .. 


Diana showed us how to make Roses to decorate cakes / cupcakes with!!


Kay gives it a try .. 


Peggy's turn .. 






OK Terri .. your turn .. 



Hmmmm .. let's make this a video ..
click on the link below to see the video!!!

GOOD JOB TERRI!!! 

 
June and Lisa give it a try too ..
 


Not bad for beginners .. LOL!!!


NEXT SESSION ..
Jenny and Theresa help us create "Memory Mugs" ..

 

Put your names on the bottom of your mug ..


Put a little decoration on it .. 


and pass them around the table so each person can add something to each mug!! 


What fun we had figuring out what to put on each mug .. and admiring what others were doing!!! 


And the mugs went round and round .. so did the markers .. I want the red one .. I want the orange one .. give me the brown one .. LOL!!


Everybody finished???
 
Put the mugs in a COLD oven .. put the temp on 350 .. let them bake for 30 minutes .. turn the heat off and let the oven cool completely.   Then turn the oven on 350 again and let them bake for another 30 minutes.  Let them cool .. and remove from the oven .. they are finished!!! 



These will be a great reminder of what a fun day we all had together!!! 
At the end of the day the Memory Mugs were voted the Best Craft of the day!!!
 
HAND CRAFTED  CARDS ..
Terri helped us create a Happy Birthday card ..





 


 
The finished card .. HOW CUTE .. and I did it MYSELF!!!  


SCRAPPY WREATHS ..
 
Cris was the teacher for this one .. 






 




June has finished her wreath!!


Kay is happy with her wreath in shades of green!!


Tommy came in for a visit and is looking over Teresa's shoulder as she works on her wreath!!


Madonna demonstrates how easy it is to create a scarf with a loom .. 



I am not really a crafty person but I wanted to have a craft to share at this Crafty Saturday get-together  so I wracked my brain and came up with a jewelry holder .. I had been trying to figure out a way to pack my jewelry to take along with me on adventures and not have the necklace chains get all tangled .. after much codjutation I came up with this ..



 
Picking out their background sheet ..


Terri is trimming her white board to fit the frame .. 


Cris makes a bow for hers .. 


 AH .. Cris's is finished ..


And so is Terri's .. 


Jenny is very creative and is "thinking outside the box" and creating something entirely different with her frame ..




I think we might all want to make something like this on our next CRAFTY SATURDAY!!!


Cris decided to put a button on her bow .. I like it!!! 


Madonna seems to be happy with her creation .. she has decided she will use hers as a small bulletin board .. GREAT IDEA!!


 
KEY CHAINS AND EAR RINGS ..
This is Madonna's domain .. 








 



Madonna has always loved Juanita's pie crust and wanted to know how she made them so flaky .. so Juanita came prepared to give a demonstration on how she makes those tasty crusts ..



She buys the Pie Crust ready-made in the box .. all you do is roll it out .. LOL!!! 
 


Peggy showed us the trick to getting the stem and leaves off a Strawberry without digging into it with your thumb and fingernail .. poke a straw through it from the opposite end!!! 


Peggy brought a Farkle so she could learn to play .. being a member of the Jefferson County Farkling Farklers ( so we call ourselves .. LOL!!) I am quite experienced at playing the game .. and was more than  happy to teach her!!! 


Tommy and Teresa share a hug .. Hey .. where's mine?????


Jenny and Teresa share a hug too as they work in the kitchen preparing "Grandma's Spaghetti" for everyone to enjoy!!!


Yummmmm .. brings back fond memories!!!  

 


We had a couple of crafts we didn't get to .. the day just wasn't long enough!!!  Madonna you will have to bring those along next time!!!


Time to clean up the mess .. and put everything back in place!!! 

 
A big THANK YOU to everyone who stuck around and helped clean up and carry out!!!
 



 
The crafts I made .. I have to admit I didn't actually make the wreath .. Teresa made it for me .. I was too busy taking pics .. that makes a good excuse anyway, right??????

Everyone was in agreement that Madonna came up with a great idea for a fun get-together for the "Grissom family girls" and we're all looking forward to another Crafty Saturday .. however .. we think this one wasn't near long enough .. we need to have TWO days next time!!!

Thank You Madonna for coming up with this terrific  idea and for the work you put into getting it all together .. and Thank You to all who came and added to the fun of the day with your goodies for gobbling .. your craftiness .. your laughter .. your stories .. your hugs .. what a wonderful day with family!!! 


While I was having all this fun .. my poor hubby was home all alone .. he welcomed me home with this  beautiful card and flowers .. I guess he missed me!!  Thank You Ken .. you are such a sweetheart!!!!  Maybe I should leave him at home more often, what do you think???    Just kidding Ken .. LOL LOL LOL!!!

3 comments:

  1. This truly was a fabulous day. Thank you Madonna for all the hard work in getting everything to come together great. And thank you Elizabeth and Madonna for all the pics and comments. So thankful for everyone that got to come. Always so great to get together with family! Love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liz, where was your mug you made?


    Irene

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoops .. I forgot to include my mug .. DUHHHHH!!!! I will get a pic and post it ASAP .. Thanks Irene!!!!

    ReplyDelete

FEEL FREE TO MAKE COMMENTS .. I love to read them and reply. Comments make you realize someone is actually looking at your blog .. LOL!!

Followers

About Me

My photo
Blogging is one of my favorite things to do .. in fact .. I have FOUR blogs .. LOL!! "MY BIT OF MORNING BLATHER" .. is just that .. a bunch of blather!! My way of keeping up with friends and family. "BERTHA'S BED AND BREAKFAST" .. this is an ongoing project about my ancestry. RAGGEDY ANNIE'S GRANNY .. is about fun things Ken and I have done and travels we have made!!! KEN AND LIZ'S BIG ADVENTURE .. is about our latest adventure .. selling our home and buying another home!! If you want to check any of them out let me know and I will send you a link!!