RAGGEDY ANNIE'S GRANNY



This blog will be all about FUN Times .. Granny's have fun times too you know .. especially Raggedy Annie's Granny .. she's always having a good time!!


Pages

Sunday, March 30, 2014

DAY EIGHTEEN .. HOME BOUND!!

Thursday, February 27 ... Breakfast at Shoney's then heading for Missouri!!  When we were driving around in Hattiesburg looking for the Western Motel we passed a Shoney's Restaurant!!!  What a surprise that was .. I loved Shoney's Breakfast Bar back in the day when Shoney's was popular and you could find them in Missouri and Indiana!!  I hated it when they no longer were around!!!  I was really excited to see one once again .. and regardless of whether or not the Western Motel served Breakfast .. we would be eating ours at SHONEY'S!!! 





It's even set up like the Shoney's I used to go to in Terre Haute, Indiana!!!
 
The waitress would be seating us at that first table over on the left .. by the windows!!











Are you hungry yet?????



The lady at the register was very friendly .. very nice .. I wish I had gotten a better picture!! 


YES .. this will definitely be on my list of MUST STOPS the next time we come this way!!!
 
 
Belly's are full .. and we're on the road again ..


Trees .. trees .. and more trees .. LOL!!




We're getting closer .. there's Arkansas!!! 


WOW!!  Look at THAT!!!  I was glad I had my camera handy!!
 


We stopped at McDonalds somewhere along the way for lunch .. and of course we had to have a couple of their delicious Strawberry Cream Pies for later ..




Missouri at last .. our first Missouri rest stop!!








I hate to say it because I love Missouri .. BUT .. I have to be honest and say I believe this is the ugliest rest area I have ever seen on the outside!!!  Not a very welcoming sight considering it's the first one people come to if they're traveling on this highway!!  The roofs over the picnic tables look like they're made of PC pipe .. ugly .. ugly!!!


However .. this mural on the tile wall inside is truly worth seeing!!  Maybe the outside will look better when the grass is green and everything around it isn't dead and brown ... I sure hope so!!!


 
YES .. the beautiful hills of Missouri!!!
 


And .. HOME!!! 


What a wonderful time we had on our Winter's Adventure .. but when all is said and done .. and you've had your days of fun .. "THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOME"!!!! 

"MY TREASURES"
 
I'm sure you've been dying to see what I found on our "treasure hunt" through Tim and Krysti's favorite places in Port St. Lucie and all the other places we went during our adventure .. 
 




 
I had a great time finding all these treasures .. and I love each and every one .. but
the best "treasure" of all is the Memories!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEL FREE TO MAKE COMMENTS .. I love to read them and reply. Comments make you realize someone is actually looking at your blog .. LOL!!

Followers

About Me

My photo
Blogging is one of my favorite things to do .. in fact .. I have FOUR blogs .. LOL!! "MY BIT OF MORNING BLATHER" .. is just that .. a bunch of blather!! My way of keeping up with friends and family. "BERTHA'S BED AND BREAKFAST" .. this is an ongoing project about my ancestry. RAGGEDY ANNIE'S GRANNY .. is about fun things Ken and I have done and travels we have made!!! KEN AND LIZ'S BIG ADVENTURE .. is about our latest adventure .. selling our home and buying another home!! If you want to check any of them out let me know and I will send you a link!!