RAGGEDY ANNIE'S GRANNY



This blog will be all about FUN Times .. Granny's have fun times too you know .. especially Raggedy Annie's Granny .. she's always having a good time!!


Pages

Monday, March 3, 2014

DAY TEN .. OUR LAST MORNING IN PORT ST. LUCIE!!


Our home away from home in Fort Pierce ..




 


 
It's not the Tajh Mahal but it's clean .. and quiet .. and didn't cost an arm and a leg .. and it was a whole lot better than that room at Knight's Inn in St. Augustine!!! 


I really liked their "Hospitality Room" .. I love white wicker so these white chairs and table were right up my alley!!! 



Pictures are taken .. car is loaded once again .. and we head for Port St. Lucie!!


Our last day in Fort Pierce / Port St. Lucie .. time for a picture with Mom / Grandma!! 


My baby boy outgrew me!! 




You notice the bright sun, right????  At this time the temps in Missouri were around 8 / 9 degrees .. not figuring in the wind chill factor!!!  In the 80s in Port St. Lucie!!! 


Breakfast is done .. Tim, Krysti and Oceanna will be heading for Home Depot and Ken and Liz will be heading for Fort Myers!!!  The time in Port St. Lucie went all too fast .. I loved every minute of it!!  Hated it that  Sydni and Summer were in school and we didn't get to hug them and tell them Goodbye .. but loved it that Oceanna had the day off and we got to take her out for Breakfast with us and shared hugs and Goodbyes all around!!!  Great memories!! 


Love the Palm Trees!!!


From Palm Trees to farmland .. and COWS!!! 







I thought my son Billy might get a kick out of this picture!! 


At first I thought this was bales of Hay but later we passed a couple of Sod Farms .. so decided this just might be rolls of sod!!! 



Ahhhh .. more Palm Trees!!








Some very short Orange Trees .. sure would make it easier to pick the Oranges!!!

 
I was intriqued by the name of our next turn!!!  Can YOU pronounce it???
 
Le Belle, Florida ..



Of  course we had to stop at Country Peddler Antiques!! Notice the outhouse in front of the store!!








My first Alligator .. but this one doesn't count because it's DEAD!!! 


Those $6.99 New Balance tennis shoes I bought at the Goodwill store in Port St. Lucie!!!  I guess I should have checked them out a little better .. LOL!!!  Needless to say I changed back into my old New Balance tennis shoes which are in a lot better shape than these and threw these away!!! 



Hickpochee Avenue at last .. this is our turn!!! 




Finally .. a good picture of the short Orange Trees!! 


 

A truck full of Oranges right in front of us!!!


WE HAVE ARRIVED !!!  


 


We had let Pat and Rich know when we were close and they met us  at the Security Guard shack to lead us to their condo!!


Look at that sun!! 



These Condoes are beautiful!! 



The condo Pat and Rich are in is at the side .. 10139
 
 
This is a very beautiful 2 bedroom .. 2 bathroom condo but our favorite spot was on the lanai!!!


Just look at the view!!!




 
 We didn't arrive in Fort Myers until late in the evening .. Pat  had prepared a delicious dinner for us .. Meatloaf, Mashed Potaotes and a Salad .. which we enjoyed eating out on the lanai .. after which we stretched out  and watched the wild life outside as we caught up on each other's lives!!!  Coffee and Brownies and a  few games of "Kings In The Corner" before going to bed .. LOL!!  We made it a fairly early night for plans were   to go to an early Breakfast in the morning  .. do some touring and then to visit the Edison Ford Winter Estates!! 

A big Thank You to Pat and Rich for inviting us to this beautiful place!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Liz and Ken !! I so enjoyed your pics !!! What a wonderful vacation and good times with your son and his family !

    ReplyDelete

FEEL FREE TO MAKE COMMENTS .. I love to read them and reply. Comments make you realize someone is actually looking at your blog .. LOL!!

Followers

About Me

My photo
Blogging is one of my favorite things to do .. in fact .. I have FOUR blogs .. LOL!! "MY BIT OF MORNING BLATHER" .. is just that .. a bunch of blather!! My way of keeping up with friends and family. "BERTHA'S BED AND BREAKFAST" .. this is an ongoing project about my ancestry. RAGGEDY ANNIE'S GRANNY .. is about fun things Ken and I have done and travels we have made!!! KEN AND LIZ'S BIG ADVENTURE .. is about our latest adventure .. selling our home and buying another home!! If you want to check any of them out let me know and I will send you a link!!