RAGGEDY ANNIE'S GRANNY



This blog will be all about FUN Times .. Granny's have fun times too you know .. especially Raggedy Annie's Granny .. she's always having a good time!!


Pages

Thursday, February 26, 2015

DAY THREE OF OUR ADVENTURE!!!

 THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 19. 

First things first .. a picture of our BINGO prizes from last night ..


My prize was actually a beach towel .. but Vivian won the very next game after I did and she got the Men's Dove toiletry set  .. she didn't act greatly happy with her prize and I wasn't crazy about the beach towel so I jokingly said "I'll trade you" .. and she did .. LOL!!!  Ken won the 2 drink glasses .. they say "Grand Villa's" on them.  Not real crazy about those either but it was a lot of fun winning them .. LOL!! 

Ken and I started this day out on our own .. Breakfast at the K & W Cafeteria.  This is a neat place to eat .. food is served in a cafeteria line .. reminded me of my days in school standing in line in the cafeteria!!!  The lady working behind the buffet at the beginning of the line was serving food from the buffet and also cooking Eggs and Pancakes on the grill at her side .. she was singing as she worked!!!  We really enjoyed her .. a great way to start your day!!!  We'll be back there again next time we're here.  I don't remember what Ken had but I had a Waffle and Bacon .. and Coffee of course. 


After our Breakfast we headed out to find the Palace Theater .. we wanted to get tickets for the afternoon performance of Hot Jersey Nights.  The tickets for the afternoon performance were sold out but there were still a few tickets left for the evening performance .. of course we snagged a couple!!! 



 

 
Hmmmmm .. pretty spectacular!!! 


Now that we had our tickets in hand we headed back to the Caravelle for the Coffee Brunch!!  George and Vivian, Jerry and Edna and some other people we had met last time were there .. John & Nancy and Don & Carol.  After a few cups of Coffee and lots of laughs we ventured into the meeting room again where they had set things up for a Bean Bag Toss.   

The lady on the right is Vivian .. the gentleman on the right  is  her husband George ..

 
The blur is Jerry throwing the bean bag ..


George is now on the sidelines watching .. Edna is coming down the steps with Jerry and her granddaughter Sienna behind her .. her daughter Jennifer is sitting to their right.


It's been a long time since I've tossed a bean bag and I wasn't going to play for fear I wouldn't even be able to get the thing clear across the board much less in the hole but they talked Ken and I both into playing!!  We were put on separate teams .. him at one end me at the other.  We didn't do great but didn't do too badly either!!!  There were other women there who did a whole lot worse .. LOL!!!  I didn't have brains enough to think to have someone take a pic of us playing .. was too busy worrying about had badly I would do!!! 

After the wild Bean Bag Toss .. we went back to our room to get a little rest and spruce up a bit for our evening's entertainment!!! 


First a couple pics of the beach from our balcony!


And some pics of the room ..


I like that it has a kitchenette .. we had brought Lunch Meat, Chips and King's Hawaiian dinner rolls with us and had a quick lunch right there in our own little home away from home!!! 


Hmmmm .. the sun's out .. and I think we have plenty of time for a walk on the beach .. what do you think??????







Looks nice and warm but it's NOT .. we really needed the coats .. AND the hoods up!!!   LOL LOL LOL!! 






Click on the link below to take a walk on Myrtle Beach on a cold February day ..



The back of our hotel .. our room is on the 5th floor .. the next to the last balcony on the right!! 




And we're off to the Palace Theater ..


From the looks of the lobby of the Palace we were expecting the theater itself to be really spectacular .. like the Fox Theater in St. Louis .. but this performance was in the "Queen" room .. one of their smaller theaters!!!  When we walked in we could see why the afternoon performance was sold out .. because there aren't very many seats!!! 


That's the back of Ken's head right in front of you .. did you recognize it????? 



Of course pictures of the performance were not allowed .. so I had to be happy with just getting pictures of the audience and the stage!!  This was a sold out performance also!! 


I hate it when you can't take pictures during a performance .. however, I worked my nerve up and got my camera out as they were lined up across the stage taking their last bows and snapped a couple of quick ones!!! 


I managed to find a video of their performance on You Tube .. they were a whole lot better seeing them in person than on the video but this is better than nothing .. LOL!! 




Cracker Barrel for a quick Supper then to George and Vivian's to play cards!!  We played several different games .. hoping I can remember them when we get home!!  I'm happy to say I actually won at playing "SCAT" .. this is the same as "Blitz" which we used to play at holiday dinners at Mom's many years ago!!  Costs each player 3 nickels a game!!  On the way home Ken said "I can't believe you won all that money" .. I said "what do you mean all that money .. it was a whole dollar and twenty cents by the time you take out the 30 cents we put in" .. LOL LOL LOL!!!  Another late night .. but worth it .. lots of laughs .. lots of fun .. plus I came out $1.20 richer!!! 

These people are a lot of fun .. I can hardly wait to see what tomorrow brings!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Liz and Ken !! Wonderful pics !! I would have enjoyed "Hot Jersey Nights" !! Hopefully, next year, they will meet in the Spring so you can enjoy the beautiful scenery with warm weather on the beach and ocean !! What a great time you both had --

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes you would have loved Hot Jersey Nights!!!

    ReplyDelete

FEEL FREE TO MAKE COMMENTS .. I love to read them and reply. Comments make you realize someone is actually looking at your blog .. LOL!!

Followers

About Me

My photo
Blogging is one of my favorite things to do .. in fact .. I have FOUR blogs .. LOL!! "MY BIT OF MORNING BLATHER" .. is just that .. a bunch of blather!! My way of keeping up with friends and family. "BERTHA'S BED AND BREAKFAST" .. this is an ongoing project about my ancestry. RAGGEDY ANNIE'S GRANNY .. is about fun things Ken and I have done and travels we have made!!! KEN AND LIZ'S BIG ADVENTURE .. is about our latest adventure .. selling our home and buying another home!! If you want to check any of them out let me know and I will send you a link!!