RAGGEDY ANNIE'S GRANNY



This blog will be all about FUN Times .. Granny's have fun times too you know .. especially Raggedy Annie's Granny .. she's always having a good time!!


Pages

Thursday, September 17, 2015

GALENA / ELIZABETH / FULTON WINDMILL!!


Friday, September 11

We are up and going bright and early at the Best Western Designer Inn and Suites in Galena .. can't wait to get out and discover what's out there!!!!


They have just started renovating this particular Best Western Designer Inn and Suites .. ours was a nice room but not one of the designer ones!!! However .. take a look at that TV table!!!!  The base is from an old sewing machine .. right up my alley!!!








Packing things up .. time for Breakfast!!!



And here we are .. downtown in Historic Galena ..



 


Ken found a ghostly friend .. LOL!!!   

 









According to the sign on the front this is the oldest house in Galena .. built in 1876!!






 
Entertainment in the center of town ...
 



Galena is a very neat little town .. perhaps quaint would be a better description .. a great place to visit!!!  We didn't purchase much while we were there .. I bought a pair of reader glasses at a shop named "Poopsy's" .. a rather unique name!!!  I saw a couple of vintage cabinets I really liked .. but much too large to load into Malibu Mabel so they were left behind for someone else to buy and love!!! 

We spent a couple of hours in Galena and then headed for Elizabeth, Illinois!!  In a pamphlet we picked up in the lobby of our hotel  we found some information on an Antique store in Elizabeth appropriately named "Elizabeth's Grand Antique Company" .. how could we possibly resist going to town named Elizabeth with an Antique Mall by the same name?????



The countryside along the way was beautiful ..  




Downtown Elizabeth, Illinois ..



And here we are .. a 3 story school building with room after room of Antiques and Collectables .. all 3 floors of the building were full .. it was like a maze going from room to room .. but I loved it!!! 


This was one of my favorite things in the whole place .. gave it some serious thought .. I think it MIGHT even have fit in the car for the trip to Sawyers Ridge if we had did some moving stuff around .. BUT .. I talked myself out of it!!!  In looking at it now I'm kind of regretting that decision .. LOL!!! 

 
"Elizabeth's Grand Antique Company" is a place well worth visiting if you love looking at vintage items .. antiques and collectables!!  I would be more than happy to head that way again one day!!! 
 
 
THIS was my "treasure" of the day .. the tag on it called it an "attic wash stand" .. whether that's really what it is or not I don't know .. but I like it .. LOL!!! 
 

 
It is currently sitting on Ken's work table as he is giving it a little TLC!!! 
 

 
The shelf from the bottom is missing ..


 
 
But if you get a neat little vintage wash stand for $26.00 .. you can't expect it to be perfect!!!!   


And we're off again .. following the Great River Road to Fulton, Illinois to see a giant windmill my daughter Madonna told me about!!! 




 


Did you read that sign????  Poopy's Restaurant .. I'm sure I'd want to eat there .. NOOOOTTTT!!!  LOL LOL LOL!!! 




 
Aaahhhhh .. the giant windmill ..

 
Just had to take a couple of selfies ..


I guess you can tell it's verrrryyyyyy windy!!! 


If you look real hard you can see some boys laying in the grass on that hill .. they were having a blast climbing up the hill and rolling back down!!!!  It was great watching them .. seeing the fun they were having and listening to their laughter!!! 


 
Hard to believe that's Iowa over there across the river!!!! 






Yep .. we're on the road again .. headed for Nauvoo, Illinois !!!  Stopped at the Mississippi Rapids Rest Area ..


Time to settle in somewhere for the night .. La Quinta Inn, Coal City, Illinois ..


Guess what???  There was a McDonald's right behind the hotel .. all we had to do was head out the back door and walk across the parking lot for a bedtime snack .. and that was just what we did as soon as we got settled in ..  LOL!!! 



 
 
 
 
Can't resist snapping a pic of a waving American flag!!!   
 
And on that happy note .. Good Night!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEL FREE TO MAKE COMMENTS .. I love to read them and reply. Comments make you realize someone is actually looking at your blog .. LOL!!

Followers

About Me

My photo
Blogging is one of my favorite things to do .. in fact .. I have FOUR blogs .. LOL!! "MY BIT OF MORNING BLATHER" .. is just that .. a bunch of blather!! My way of keeping up with friends and family. "BERTHA'S BED AND BREAKFAST" .. this is an ongoing project about my ancestry. RAGGEDY ANNIE'S GRANNY .. is about fun things Ken and I have done and travels we have made!!! KEN AND LIZ'S BIG ADVENTURE .. is about our latest adventure .. selling our home and buying another home!! If you want to check any of them out let me know and I will send you a link!!