RAGGEDY ANNIE'S GRANNY



This blog will be all about FUN Times .. Granny's have fun times too you know .. especially Raggedy Annie's Granny .. she's always having a good time!!


Pages

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

A SUNNY DAY IN CALEDONIA!!!

July 9, 2016 .. It was a beautiful sunny Saturday morning and we were  off to Caledonia, Missouri on a mini adventure!!!  Madonna and Mike recently took a drive to Caledonia and when I saw the pictures of The Village Mercantile that she posted on Facebook I knew   this was a place I had to see .. Ken was in total agreement!!!! 

Caledonia is a very small, sparsely populated town about  60 miles or so South  of Festus ..






CALEDONIA .. POPULATION 110









 I think we should go inside .. what do you think?????





Look at all the candy jars ..




 and Candy barrels ..


And olllldddd candy boxes ..





You can't not love this store!!!










I love what they did with the old wooden floors .. painted the floors and also in some areas painted a fake throw rug ..


I was quite impressed with this welcoming gentleman .. I think he must have been  the proprietor in days of old .. LOL!!!



I absolutely loved the place!!!  They also have huge jar after jar of various Coffee Beans to purchase and they grind them for you ..  I chose a very unique sounding Chocolate Maple Almond Coffee Bean and got 1/2 pound.  AND they have a case with about 20 different flavors of Fudge lined up .. Ken got 1/2 pound of Fudge .. plain old Chocolate Fudge!!!  All those other flavors to drool over and he bought CHOCOLATE!!!  I can't believe I didn't get a picture of the Coffee Beans OR the Fudge!!!



Not far from the Mercantile is Caledonia Bar-B-Que!!!   It was way too early when we were there so we did not go in for lunch ..  perhaps next time!!! 


Across the street from the Mercantile is the Caledonia Village Hall and there are supposed to be 3 different shops inside to visit .. but alack and alas .. it was closed!!! 



We did find a couple of other places that were on the blackboard in front of the Mercantile .. Bill's Old Stuff Flea Market ..


and Fifth Generation Antiques ..


My son Billy loves all the old  "stuff" as much as I do .. and has a whole lot more of it than I do .. so I just had to get a picture of this one .. notice the BILLYS sign on the front of the building ..





I liked this old desk and seriously considered buying it but took a pic and will think about it!!!   If I don't find something I like better before we make it back to Caledonia again it just might come back home with me!!! 



 After leaving Caledonia we headed for Potosi, Missouri .. between Caledonia and Sawyers Ridge!!  Our neighbors Anita and Bill are familiar with this town .. Bill grew up here!!!  So I took pics to show him how it's looking today!!!


Saw signs along the road for this one .. "Reed's Relics Antiques" ..



I got a chuckle out of the dressing room sign .. LOL!!!


Time for lunch .. how about the Westside Grill ..


Before getting to Potosi we stopped at a Murphy's Gas station that had their gas for $1.87.9 a gallon .. didn't need much but HAD to stop and fill up just because the price was so low .. such a BARGAIN!!!  Take a good look at the receipt in the pictures below ..


We needed only 1.341 gallons .. total came to $2.52 .. LOL LOL LOL!!! So yes of course I had to have a picture for posterity .. LOL LOL LOL!!!


Leaving Potosi and heading for Sawyers Ridge ..



GRANDMA'S CAFE .. We could have had lunch at Grandma's Café!!!!  Next time!!!


This was my last picture of the day .. I guarantee you we WILL  be back this way someday .. hopefully on a day when those stores that were not open will be open!!!  We will go to the Mercantile and buy some more Coffee .. that 1/2 pound of Chocolate Maple Almond is wonderful!!  I will buy at least a pound of it when we get there again .. and some more Fudge for Kenny!!!  AND we will go to Grandma's Café for lunch!!!!  I am looking forward to it!!!!






4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank You for taking time to comment Cris .. It's good to know someone looked at it .. LOL!!!! Caledonia is a very neat place to see .. Wish more of the stores had been open but we had a good time anyway!!!

      Delete
  2. Hi Liz and Ken ! Liz, I enjoyed the first antique store with the flags too ! It had everything in it ! So much to look at --I could almost smell that coffee that you bought. It really sounded good to me too ! Ken, I bet the choc.fudge was good also. I am like you, Liz, I liked the way they did the floors and had a painted rug. (a cute idea ) --I also loved all the patriotic flags and the candy jars and barrels. What a neat place ! The whole town was nice and a very small town too. You did not say if you like the place where you ate lunch,but I would go to the Grandma's cafe next time too. Gee, the gas was really cheap ! --What a fun day !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't see how anyone could go in that Mercantile store and not love it!!! Just walking around in it makes you feel good!!! I wish I had gotten a picture of the other floor they had a rug painted on .. It was a bigger rug. Next time .. LOL!! The place we had lunch was OK but nothing real neat .. No awesomeness inside to take pics of .. LOL!!! Hopefully Grandma's Cafe is awesome on the inside .. Like a Grandma's. House or. Something!!! I definitely want to go back someday .. And I will get some more of that Coffee!!!! Wish I had known how well we would like it .. I would have bought at least a pound of it instead of 1/2 pound!!! Thanks for stopping in and making comments!!!!

      Delete

FEEL FREE TO MAKE COMMENTS .. I love to read them and reply. Comments make you realize someone is actually looking at your blog .. LOL!!

Followers

About Me

My photo
Blogging is one of my favorite things to do .. in fact .. I have FOUR blogs .. LOL!! "MY BIT OF MORNING BLATHER" .. is just that .. a bunch of blather!! My way of keeping up with friends and family. "BERTHA'S BED AND BREAKFAST" .. this is an ongoing project about my ancestry. RAGGEDY ANNIE'S GRANNY .. is about fun things Ken and I have done and travels we have made!!! KEN AND LIZ'S BIG ADVENTURE .. is about our latest adventure .. selling our home and buying another home!! If you want to check any of them out let me know and I will send you a link!!