RAGGEDY ANNIE'S GRANNY



This blog will be all about FUN Times .. Granny's have fun times too you know .. especially Raggedy Annie's Granny .. she's always having a good time!!


Pages

Sunday, September 25, 2016

ARIZONA ADVENTURE DAY TWO!!!

Day Two of this adventure was Saturday, September 24.  We got a fairly early start .. we rolled out of bed about 7:30 .. and had a quick Waffle in the Breakfast Room of the hotel and we were off and on the road again!!!  We left the hotel about 8:31!!  This was a big picture hanging in the lobby of the hotel .. I thought it was neat so here you go ..



I think most of you know Kansas is a very dry state and not a lot of green to look at as you are driving through but I did my best to find interesting pictures to take!!! 

Ellis Township .. 8:36 ..



Ogallah .. 8:42 ..


Collyer .. 8:54 ..







Baker .. 9:05 ..



The Rest Stop at Grainfield, Kansas .. 9:20 ..


Temp is down to 59 degrees .. we should have worn jeans!!!  I wore a zippered weatshirt but didn't think we would need jeans!!!



A lonely little tree out in the middle of the field in East Hale .. 10:22 ..




Ken says those dark plants in this field are Sugar Beets .. there was field after field of Sugar Beets in Washington .. 10:36 ..



Colorado at last .. 10:59 ..



Welcome Area in Burlington .. 11:13 ..



This was behind the Welcome Center .. it's a Historical Museum .. sad to say it closes at 4:00 and we were too late to go through!!! 








Empty fields .. empty fields!!  Ken told me to appreciate the trees I was seeing earlier in the day .. for they would soon be few and far between .. he was right!!!  Bethune ,. 11:40 ..


Vona .. 11:49 ..


Aaaahhhh a home and trees .. Seibert .. 11:55 ..



Genoa .. 12:22 ..






Limon ..12:29 ..


Chuckling .. we got gas here for $2.18 ..



Limon, Colorado Main Street ..



Whoops .. we got gas for $2.18 .. a few blocks away we could have gotten it for $2.05!!!  Kenny was not happy with himself! for not waiting!!


11:43 AM .. Time for a bite to eat .. AH .. there's an Arby's ..


Notice the sign on the left .. Arby's now has Pumpkin Cinnamon Shakes .. Yuuuummmmm!!!!  I was sooooo tempted to get one .. but I was good and stuck with just a Roast Beef Slider and Senior Dr. Pepper.  But I sure wanted one of those shake!!! 


Notice those white things with a hole ion the middle trimmed in red????  Know what they are????  Those are parking spots for electric cars .. YIKES!!!!! 



Still Main Street .. Limon, Colorado ..



On the road again .. more dead grass or whatever that is!!!



Agate .. 1:32 ..


Nice olllldddd barn!!!  Wish I'd waited until we were a little closer to snap the pic!!!



Look real close and you will see we are starting to see mountains!!!  Bennett .. 2:00 ..


A field of Sunflowers ..




A nice big Church out there in the middle of nowhere!!!  Watkins .. 2:07 ..



Aurora .. 2:10 ..




Denver .. 2:18 ..










Denver .. Northeast Park Hill .. 2:21 ..




Denver, Colorado ...



Denver .. Elyria Swansea .. 2:23 ..


Wheat Ridge ..  2:33 ..



Maybe next time ...




Golden ..  2:39 ..



















Notice the white house waaaayyyy up there  by itself on the side of the mountain!!!  Looks like just a gravel road going up to it!!  I just don't understand why someone would want to live waaayyy up there and have that gravel road when there is snow!!!  Evergreen .. 2:57 ..













Are you worn out yet?????







Idaho Springs ..  3:11 ..





















I"ve been trying to snag a picture of the Colorado River .. on Ken's side of the car of course .. I finally got it!!!  Georgetown ..  3:33 ..






Georgetown Visitor Center .. 3:35 ..








Little bit of rain on the window but we drove out of it ..



Notice the snow on the mountaintops ..
Idaho Springs ..  4:03 ..




Snow on the trees now too ..





Loveland Ski Area .. 4:12 ..



This was a lonnnnggggg tunnel .. the longest tunnel I have ever been in .. Ken said he has never been in a tunnel this long either!!!


 Out of the tunnel at last .. WHEW!!!  Seemed like a very long time in there but the camera shows it was 4:15 when we came out of the tunnel so only 3 minutes!!!!  We are now in Dillon!!! 





Silverthorne .. 4:22 ..








Frisco .. 4:25 ..














Vail .. 4:59 ..





AH OH .. Somebody dug the Oreos out .. 5:04 ..







Eagle  5:26 ..







The little white building is the bathroom .. one stall for Women .. one stall for Men ..



That white bus you see sitting there drove up just at the same time we did ... needless to say with having only one stall it took a while to get your turn for the bathroom .. LOL!!!








Time for Selfies .. LOL!!!





Trying to be sure I get the water in the creek in the picture!!!




On the road again .. Gypsum  ..  6:02  ..





Glenwood Springs  ..  6:12  ..



















New Castle .. 6:37  ..


Silt  ..  6:43  ..



We got a little rain along the way ..



WOW!!!  A great rock for Beth!!!!!
Ken's daughter Elizabeth has an area in her yard that she has filled with rocks and sea shells that she has collected from various places and when she called to wish us a safe trip she also asked us to pick up some special rocks for her rock garden!!!  This would certainly be a wonderful one but just a tad bit too big I think .. LOL!!!


Come on Ken .. you can do it .. LOL LOL LOL!!


Parachute, Colorado .. 7:04  ..







Look very closely at the picture above and the picture below .. see the 3 white spots?????  There are 3 deer in the pictures and the white spots are their tails up in the air!!!  WOW .. AWESOME!!!  Can you find them????? 




De Beque  ..  7:22  ..









Colorado River .. 7:33 ..


Palisade  ..  7:39  ..






Grand Junction at last .. I thought we would NEVER get here .. 7:50 pm !!!




Our home for the night .. Woooo Hooooo!!!


Taco Bell next door .. Chalupas and Tacos for supper .. Wooooo Hooooo!!!





And they lived happily ever after .. LOL LOL LOL!!!


2 comments:

  1. Hi Liz and Ken ! I am enjoying all your pics on your Vacation ! I don't know why anyone would want to live in Kansas, unless they were born there. I remember standing there and looking around at all the flat land. You should have gotten the "Pumpkin Cinnamon Shake." That sounded Delicious ! Sorry you are still having problems with your neck. I thought maybe you were doing something in the car like reading etc. that you were holding your neck stiff. -I left you messages on Fitbit, Weight loss blog, Facebook and here. What did you think of me getting my Badge on Fitbit yesterday? I had to share it on my Facebook so you could see it. I also weigh 187 today !! Yeah ! (just in case you did not see it ) --I enjoyed the Mountain pics with the Snow on them. -I really enjoyed Colorado (especially, Denver,Estes Park, and Fort Collins where my Sister got her Master's Degree.) --"The Red Rock outside theater " was Awesome ! Denver is the Mile high City ! --Looks like you are making good time too ! Be Careful,Be Safe, and Enjoy !! Love and Hugs to you Both !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy always appreciate you taking time to respond to my postings. Things are just not going as well as I had hoped in being able to get my posting done .. perhaps it's because I'm taking too many pictues .. LOL!!!

      Delete

FEEL FREE TO MAKE COMMENTS .. I love to read them and reply. Comments make you realize someone is actually looking at your blog .. LOL!!

Followers

About Me

My photo
Blogging is one of my favorite things to do .. in fact .. I have FOUR blogs .. LOL!! "MY BIT OF MORNING BLATHER" .. is just that .. a bunch of blather!! My way of keeping up with friends and family. "BERTHA'S BED AND BREAKFAST" .. this is an ongoing project about my ancestry. RAGGEDY ANNIE'S GRANNY .. is about fun things Ken and I have done and travels we have made!!! KEN AND LIZ'S BIG ADVENTURE .. is about our latest adventure .. selling our home and buying another home!! If you want to check any of them out let me know and I will send you a link!!