RAGGEDY ANNIE'S GRANNY



This blog will be all about FUN Times .. Granny's have fun times too you know .. especially Raggedy Annie's Granny .. she's always having a good time!!


Pages

Wednesday, June 13, 2018

EXCURSION TIME!!!!!

The Novak’s are taking an excursion today .. heading for New Haven and Herman, Missouri.  What’s in New Haven and Herman?  Antique Stores .. lots of them!!!  We haven’t done any “treasure hunting” for a good while and decided it was time to get out and see what we could find.  We may not find anything we want or anything we can afford but we enjoy looking .. you never know what you’re going to see in those stores full of things that have been around for years and years and you know that some of them have been used and possibly even loved by somebody .. maybe even several somebodies over  the years!!!  And now my Cereal bowl is empty and my cup of Coffee is almost gone .. it’s time to hit the road!!!  I will be back to let you know how our Antiquing Day went .. and I’m sure I’ll have at least a few pictures to share .. LOL!!!!

This is now the next day .. we didn’t get back home from our excursion until about 4:30 and we were feeling pretty lazy.  I didn’t even get my steps in .. just spend the rest of the day being lazy!!!  Ken and I had a great time yesterday on our little excursion to Herman, we didn’t find a lot of treasures but we did have fun.  I took lots of pictures but I used my regular camera camera instead of my phone camera and sad to say when I took the chip out to download the pics to my laptop I can’t get them to download!!!  I am having all kinds of different problems with my laptop so I shouldn’t be surprised I guess!!!  I. Have some of the vintage glass jars with a wire bale on them holding the glass lid on ..  3 of them do not have lids and one has the lid but the lid has a chip out of it so when we go to Antique stores I am always on the lookout for those glass lids but hey seem impossible to find.  Well .. in the very last store we went in lo and behold .. there on the shelf among the glass jar as were a few glass lids!!!  I was able to get 1 clear one and 2 green ones .. I was thrilled!!!  I really didn’t think I would ever find any of just the lids to buy!!!!  That’s the only treasure I purchased but we saw some neat things we had not seen before!!!  

We’ve got a storm coming in and the skies have gotten dark ..  the trees are blowing back and forth and thunder is rumbling .. a lot of times they tell us the storms are coming and then we don’t get them but it’s looking like we just might get this one!!!!!  

Sad to say it’s looking like I’m not going to get my steps in today either!!!  We didn’t go to the Y this morning but we did go to the Center for lunch and visited with Mike and Gini there.  After we got home I started messing on my computer to fix some of the problems it’s having and driving me bonkers with .. worked and worked and worked but still haven’t managed to get things straightened out.,  I guess I’m going to have to have Jeff, Ken’s daughter Theresa’s husband, see if he can do anything with it.  Ken’s computer needs looked at too.   OH .. thunder is getting louder and we’re getting lightning bolts now!!!  Has now started raining .. Ken’s on the deck checking it out.  Guess I’ll shut this thing down .. don’t trust pecking away on it when it’s storming!!! 

Good niiiiggghhhhttttt!!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEL FREE TO MAKE COMMENTS .. I love to read them and reply. Comments make you realize someone is actually looking at your blog .. LOL!!

Followers

About Me

My photo
Blogging is one of my favorite things to do .. in fact .. I have FOUR blogs .. LOL!! "MY BIT OF MORNING BLATHER" .. is just that .. a bunch of blather!! My way of keeping up with friends and family. "BERTHA'S BED AND BREAKFAST" .. this is an ongoing project about my ancestry. RAGGEDY ANNIE'S GRANNY .. is about fun things Ken and I have done and travels we have made!!! KEN AND LIZ'S BIG ADVENTURE .. is about our latest adventure .. selling our home and buying another home!! If you want to check any of them out let me know and I will send you a link!!