RAGGEDY ANNIE'S GRANNY



This blog will be all about FUN Times .. Granny's have fun times too you know .. especially Raggedy Annie's Granny .. she's always having a good time!!


Pages

Sunday, June 10, 2018

GRANNY'S GOTTA' BLATHER!!!!

Yep .. this is Raggedy Annie's Granny ..  I felt like doing some blathering  but for some reason  "Blogger" won't open up my Blathering Blog for me so I'm just going to sit here and blather on Annie's Granny's blog!!!   Instead of sitting here on this chair in front of my computer I should be in the basement walking on the treadmill or at least walking with a video or something .. too darned hot right now to be walking outside!!!   Going by what's on Facebook  it's storming and even hailing in Greenup and other areas of Illinois but it's bright and sunny and very hot over here at Sawyers Ridge!!!!  

      You might call me Raggedy Annie's crotchety old Granny because I am very irritated with myself!!!   This is Sunday .. I don't know why but for some reason on Sunday I always feel like I should be fixing a very nice meal  and making a dessert of some kind.  (Mom's fault I think!!)  I don't always do it but I feel like I should.   I did fix a pretty decent lunch .. BBQ Ribs (bought from the store already cooked), Green Beans and Fried Potatoes .. also already cooked on another day and left over so they were in the freezer!!!     Then  this afternoon I decided I would bake a Mayonnaise Cake .. haven't made one for a long time.  I always have memories of Mom when I make a Mayonnaise Cake of course .. plus I was using the slotted spoon that  she always used when stirring things up!!!  Well, I don't know if  it was the glass 9X13 pan I used or my ELECTRIC oven but  the cake was not 1/2 as high as they usually get and  is dry!!!  And on top of that .. I put too much powdered Sugar  in the Brown Sugar Icing I made for it and the Icing was too thick and wouldn't spread out to cover the whole cake!!!  BUT .. that actually turned out for the best because the first thing Ken said when he came in the kitchen and saw me frosting it was .. where's the Chocolate Icing!!!!    Soooooooo … I got out the can of Chocolate Icing we already had and put  Chocolate Icing in the middle .. LOL!!!  


Notice it is not very high .. only about halfway up the pan .. Arrrrggghhhh!!!   It seems like every time I bake something in one of my glass cake pans it does not do well!!!  I've got metal 9 x 13 pans but they don't have a lid .. sooooo .. I am going to be buying one with a lid.  I will use it next time I bake something and see what happens!!!  

AND if you need a chuckle listen to this!!!  We  met out friends Gini and Mike and Marsha at Pogolino's in De Soto yesterday evening for Supper then went to Gini and Mike's to play cards.  I made a Banana Split Pie  to take.   Thank Goodness it turned out better than this cake .. very good and tasty .. too bad I didn't take a picture of it ..     everybody said it was delicious .. I even thought it was!!!   When we were getting ready to leave I was putting the lid back on the pie and then you have to crimp the edges of the foil around it and I was crimping away and ended up dropping the thing and of course it dumped all over the place .. so no delicious goody to bring home!!!  Mike liked the dessert so well he grabbed a spoon and got down on the floor and started gobbling the part that landed back in the pan instead of on the floor .. LOL!!!  You have to know Mike .. that's just the kinda person he is .. LOL!!!   That was the main reason I felt I needed to make a dessert today .. Ken was whining because he didn't get to eat another piece of that delicious Banana Split Pie .. LOL!!   It's the first time we've gotten together to play cards for a long time and we had a great time .. lots of laughs!!!

Oh my goodness .. it's 7:30  and  I have only walked 1 1/2 miles  .. I am trying to walk 4 miles a day .. that's a little over 10,000 steps for me!!!  I did very well at it for a good while then got lazy and stopped even trying and now I'm trying to get back to it again because I felt a lot better when I was doing that.  I have done pretty well this month until this weekend .. I only got a couple of miles yesterday  and as you know 1 1/2 so far today!!!  Too hot and muggy to do it outside so guess I'll do the treadmill.  The good thing about doing the treadmill is that I can read while I walk so that makes it not quite so bad!!!  Soooooo better get off of here and get to it .. don't know if anybody will read this or not but if you do ..  have a Great Night .. or a Great Day .. depending on when you're reading it .. LOL!!!  















No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEL FREE TO MAKE COMMENTS .. I love to read them and reply. Comments make you realize someone is actually looking at your blog .. LOL!!

Followers

About Me

My photo
Blogging is one of my favorite things to do .. in fact .. I have FOUR blogs .. LOL!! "MY BIT OF MORNING BLATHER" .. is just that .. a bunch of blather!! My way of keeping up with friends and family. "BERTHA'S BED AND BREAKFAST" .. this is an ongoing project about my ancestry. RAGGEDY ANNIE'S GRANNY .. is about fun things Ken and I have done and travels we have made!!! KEN AND LIZ'S BIG ADVENTURE .. is about our latest adventure .. selling our home and buying another home!! If you want to check any of them out let me know and I will send you a link!!