RAGGEDY ANNIE'S GRANNY



This blog will be all about FUN Times .. Granny's have fun times too you know .. especially Raggedy Annie's Granny .. she's always having a good time!!


Pages

Monday, June 11, 2018

MONDAY .. MONDAY!!!!!

      
     
     How nice it is to be retired .. you no longer hate to see Monday come!!!!!  There are a lot of  bad things to grumble about as you are getting  old  but there are an awful lot of good things too!!!!!   The aches and pains of older age are nothing compared to the freedom you have  each day   to just  do  what you want when you want and enjoy the day!!!  Ken and I often talk about what a good life we have  and how thankful we are  to  have lived long enough to get to this life and to have found each other to share it with!!!

     I don't have to feel guilty tonight as I sit here pecking away on my keyboard .. I got my 10,000 steps already.. Woooo Hooooo!!!! I was even good and ate a Salad for Lunch today .. not something I usually do .. LOL!!! Maybe one of these days I'll learn to eat so I'll lose the weight I want to lose!!!   Going back and forth between 137 and 138 right now!!!    Monday is Bread Company Day and  we're back to going to the South County Mall to walk a mile before going across the parking lot to Bread Co.   That is a big help in getting me going!!!  We used to go to the Arnold Rec Center on the way home and walk a mile but we went a couple of weeks ago and they had it so cold  it made my chest and jaw hurt to breathe the air in as we walked.   I think I'd like to start walking another mile at the SC Mall when we leave Bread Co.   Jerry and Nancy  (one of the Bread Co couples) does that.   Actually Jerry walks .. Nancy goes shopping .. LOL!!!  After walking our mile at the mall ..   and walking thru the aisles at Target on the way home and just general walking I only had 1 1/2 miles to walk on the treadmill and I read my latest book while walking!!!   It's great to get my steps in early in the evening because then I can enjoy flopping on the couch watching TV or reading or pecking on my keyboard without the Fitbit nagging at me!!!!!  I always feel so much better about myself when I get those steps in!!!!  

       We found out that  our Bread Company friends who live up around St. Louis … that's pretty well all of them .. got around 3 inches of rain yesterday!!!   Anne Marie said there back yard was flooded with water it had rained so much!!!  Ken said we just had 3/4 inch in our  rain gauge!!!  We got lots of sunshine and   94 degree temp today!!!  

     Earlier I mentioned going to Target on the way home .. I managed to find a 9 X 13 pan  with  a plastic lid to go with it  and grabbed it before anyone else could for it was the  only one among all the baking pans!!!  So  next time I bake something it will be in THAT pan and we'll see how it does!!!  I have a confession to make … There is something else I might have done wrong with my Mayonnaise Cake ..   it takes 1 cup of Water .. and when  I was beating it with the mixer I  was wondering if I had put the cup of Water in because the batter was a little thick!!!  I convinced myself I had put it in .. but again as I was scraping the batter into the pan I wondered because of the thickness of the batter .. I've pretty well convinced myself now that I did NOT put the water in because the Cake is very dry and it is always  very moist .. that's one of the things I love about it!!!  Oh well .. we all knew I wasn't perfect, right?

     We are watching the Cardinals game as I sit here pecking away .. funny .. the nights that there isn't a Cardinals game we are a little bit lost .. LOL!!!  Seventh inning and so far we are ahead .. 7 to 1 .. Wooooo Hooooo!!!!  

     Before I bring this blathering to a close I thought I might dig through my Bread Company Bunch pics and find one to post to introduce you to the Bread Company ladies so when I mention them you  have some idea of what they look like!!!  


This was one Christmas at Nancy and Jeff Olson's house!!   The two in front are Jane and Sylvia.  Second row from left :  Anne Marie, Nancy B, Laverne and Judy.  Santa Claus was a surprise at the gathering and as far as I know nobody ever figured out for sure who he was!!!  Back row left to right:  Sharon, Bev, Nancy O and Me!!!   One of these days I'll get a pic of the guys on here!!!










No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEL FREE TO MAKE COMMENTS .. I love to read them and reply. Comments make you realize someone is actually looking at your blog .. LOL!!

Followers

About Me

My photo
Blogging is one of my favorite things to do .. in fact .. I have FOUR blogs .. LOL!! "MY BIT OF MORNING BLATHER" .. is just that .. a bunch of blather!! My way of keeping up with friends and family. "BERTHA'S BED AND BREAKFAST" .. this is an ongoing project about my ancestry. RAGGEDY ANNIE'S GRANNY .. is about fun things Ken and I have done and travels we have made!!! KEN AND LIZ'S BIG ADVENTURE .. is about our latest adventure .. selling our home and buying another home!! If you want to check any of them out let me know and I will send you a link!!