RAGGEDY ANNIE'S GRANNY



This blog will be all about FUN Times .. Granny's have fun times too you know .. especially Raggedy Annie's Granny .. she's always having a good time!!


Pages

Sunday, March 6, 2016

HOMEWARD BOUND!!!


FRIDAY, MARCH 4

Wyndham Garden Hotel .. Gainesville, Georgia .. 8:15 AM


You didn't get to see anything of this place when we got here so  I thought I'd take a few quick pics before heading out this morning!!!  It was a very nice room and had a small balcony outside .. but the pictures sure were ugly .. LOL!!!


This one wasn't too bad .. 3 Star Fish ..


This one was a Sea Shell but a very poor rendition of a Sea Shell in my estimation .. but what do I know????


I'm probably showing my ignorance of Art by not thinking these pictures were wonderful but there you go .. I am pretty ignorant about Art .. LOL!!!

8:18 AM .. Loading our bags in the car .. we'll be leaving after Breakfast!!  Hard to believe we actually found room in the car for the Lemon Tree!!!


The Breakfast Buffet at Wyndham Garden ..







8:59 AM .. Last trip through the hotel lobby and out to the car .. very nice hotel at a decent price!!!


9:24 AM .. Rest Area before  somewhere outside Gainesville ..
    

I don't often take pictures inside a bathroom stall but I was impressed with this nifty Purse - A - Way they had on the wall so you could slip your purse into it .. Great Idea!!!


Lake City, Georgia ..  9:53  AM .. back to the trees, trees and more trees .. LOL!!




White Springs 10:26 .. Traffic is getting heavier and heavier ..







Jasper ..  10:32 AM ..   Gas 1:63 .. WOW!!






Cordele .. 12:46 PM
Time for a Lunch stop ..



Ken has been seeing the Krystal signs along the way and has been wanting to stop .. so here we are!!!


Looks like a White Castle Burger to me!!!  Smells like one too .. and tastes like one!!!


Kenny loves White Castle Burgers .. can you tell?????????? 

Vienna  1:18 PM ...



If you're coming through this part of Georgia you HAVE to stop at We're Nuts in Vienna to check out their  Nuts!!!!




Besides table after table after table of bags of various kinds of Nuts you can buy they have a Cotton field across the road that you can pick Cotton in .. for FREE!!!








Ken likes these 2 pictures best .. LOL LOL LOL!!!





We bought a big bag of Chopped Pecans and a few pounds of Chocolate Covered Pecans also!!  As you can see we also bought a box of Milk Chocolate Cashew Turtles to munch along the way .. Yummmmmm!!!


Macon 2:31  PM ..



Macon 2:52 PM .. Rest Stop!!!


Locust Grove ..  3:25 PM!!


McDonough .. 3:32 PM ..


Forest Park  .. 3:59 PM

We're taking the bypass around Atlanta ..


Atlanta .. 4:22 PM ..


Smyrna .. 4:33 PM ..



Vinings  4:40 PM ..


Atlanta .. 4:48





Marietta  4:59



Marietta .. 5:13


Marietta .. 5:26


Acworth .. 5:37


Emerson .. 5:56





Adairsville .. 6:12


Adairsville Rest Area .. 6:21


We had hoped to make it to Chattanooga before stopping for the night but traffic was heavy and slow .. sometimes coming almost to a stop around Atlanta ..  it's already 6:21  and Chattanooga is 51 miles away from this rest area .. we decided we would look for a place in Calhoun .. only 5 miles away!!!! 

Calhoun, Georgia  .. Duffy's Motel ..


Turns out Calhoun is just a small town  and Duffy's is  a little Mom and Pop Motel but it's okay for a one night stay!!!  It doesn't have a table and chairs or a desk for my laptop but it does have a hide-a-bed and I can use the table in front of it!!  And it is CLEAN!!! 


Supper was at Hardee's just a little ways down the road .. and then Ken settled into bed to watch TV and read his book and Liz settled in front of her laptop to download pictures from 2 days and get them ready to post!!!  By 10:00 my eyes were crossing and Ken was almost snoring so I gave it up and snuggled into bed too!!!  More pics in the morning!!!




3 comments:

  1. I enjoyed all your pics !! You had nice places to stay --I liked the pic of you picking cotton and even the silly pics !! Yes, I think they are a lot like White Castle Hamburgers. When I saw you were going through Atlanta , I was thinking the traffic is unreal there. I sure would not want to drive it ,but my daughter has ---

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Lemon tree was so cute !! I agree the pics in the really nice Hotel should have had better art pictures. They did nothing for the Beautiful room. --Yes, that was a good idea for a purse in the bathroom. --

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found your comments!! I had never heard of Krystal Burger places until we got to South Carolina!! Definitely NOT my favorite Burger!!! Atlanta was terrible .. we will never go home that way again!!! People said Chattanooga was bad too but we sailed right through there .. must depend on the time of day you are there!!!

    ReplyDelete

FEEL FREE TO MAKE COMMENTS .. I love to read them and reply. Comments make you realize someone is actually looking at your blog .. LOL!!

Followers

About Me

My photo
Blogging is one of my favorite things to do .. in fact .. I have FOUR blogs .. LOL!! "MY BIT OF MORNING BLATHER" .. is just that .. a bunch of blather!! My way of keeping up with friends and family. "BERTHA'S BED AND BREAKFAST" .. this is an ongoing project about my ancestry. RAGGEDY ANNIE'S GRANNY .. is about fun things Ken and I have done and travels we have made!!! KEN AND LIZ'S BIG ADVENTURE .. is about our latest adventure .. selling our home and buying another home!! If you want to check any of them out let me know and I will send you a link!!