RAGGEDY ANNIE'S GRANNY



This blog will be all about FUN Times .. Granny's have fun times too you know .. especially Raggedy Annie's Granny .. she's always having a good time!!


Pages

Sunday, March 6, 2016

OUR LAST DAY IN PORT ST. LUCIE!!!

THURSDAY, MARCH 3RD

6.14  AM .. The sun is  up and so are we!!!   Tim has to spend a few  hours working on a yard for one of his peoplethis morning .. and we wanted a last chance to spend some time with the girls and Oceanna so we were  up bright and early  to pick Sydni and Summer up before Tim had to take off ..



     I finally remembered to get a picture of the front of Tim and Krysti's house ..


We had packed our car up with all our belongings before heading for Tim's to pick up the girls .. in order to get them in the car for the day we had to unload everything in the back seat and put it in the living room for them to have a place to ride .. LOL!!!

I had been noticing these strange looking Palm Trees as we were driving around St. Lucie .. they have a special name but of course I don't remember what  it is .. LOL!!!


I like the other Palm Trees better but it's quite an unusual sight!!!


9:30 AM .. Dunkin Donuts!!!


Oceanna works at this Dunkin Donuts and of course Grandma wanted to see where she works so   here we are!!!






Believe it or not  the girls all like to go "treasure hunting" like their Grandma does and they chose to do that rather than go to the beach because their Dad said they could not go into the water at the beach .. they are having a big problem with Sharks right now!!  Given that fact I would not want to take them to the beach anyway!!!   Sooooo after stuffing ourselves with delicious Dunkin Donuts we headed out to go "treasure hunting" We spent the afternoon  searching for "treasures" and I think all of us found at least one if not more .. 1 of the treasures 12 year old Sydni found was an eyelash curler .. Hmmmmmm!!!  Ken found a Marilyn Monroe picture and some books .. I sure hope he's planning to put Marilyn  in his workshop!!!  I bought a blouse and a very neat souvenir for granddaughter Lindsay back home .. a cat that actually sings!!!  I think she'll get a kick out of it!!   All 3 girls got some books.  Hmmmmm .. I can't remember what Summer found!!! We  had a great time going through 2 or 3 shops and a Goodwill store!!!

After the "treasure hunt" we went to the Pier One Imports that Krysti manages to check it our and  to surprise her and give her a hug goodbye before hitting the road!!  Sad to say it didn't enter my mind to get pictures .. Duhhhhh!!!

  After a while we got a call from Tim letting us know he was finished with his job and at home .. we went there and reloaded all our belongings into our car and the girls got into Tim's truck  and headed to Golden Corral for Lunch .. Yummmm!!!  And then a quick stip to  Home Depot right across the parking lot!!!  Madonna had said she would love a Lemon Tree direct from Florida  if we could find one small enough that she could keep it in the house .. and Tim was sure we could find one at Home Depot .. so off we went!!!

Summer the funster jumped into a cart and had Grandpa Ken push her across the parking lot ..


And we DID find a perfect Lemon Tree to take home for Madonna ..


3:11 PM ..  Treasure hunting is done .. Lunch is done .. and we've found  a Lemon tree .. time to think about heading out for Missouri!!!  But first pictures and hugs .. you can't go away without pictures and hugs!!!














After the pictures hugs all around and we hit the road .. Tim drives in front to lead us to the Florida Turnpike and make sure we get there ..


It's been great spending a few days with Tim, Krysti, Sydni, Summer and Oceanna .. it really  makes me sad  as I look at these pictures of Tim's truck in front leading the way!!!


3.35   PM .. We weren't on the Turnpike long before we came to the Toll booth .. at this one they just gave us a ticket .. we will pay at the next one!!




4.51 .. Time for a Pit Stop .. and look what we see .. a Dunkin Donuts .. LOL!!!


5.02 PM .. The next Toll booth .. we paid $9.30 here!!  The car in front of us had to pay $15.00 .. I could see it on the screen ..  they must have gotten on the Turnpike many miles before we did!!!




5.47 PM ., Another Toll booth .. paid $3.00 this time .. turned out this was the last one we went through!!




6.41 PM .. a little pink from the sun setting ..


We spent  the night at Wyndham Gardens Hotel in Gainesville, Georgia.  Too tired by the time we got there and got settled in to even think about pictures .. LOL!!!




2 comments:

  1. Great pics !! It is too bad that you did not think to take pics of the inside of your Son's house and pics of the Pier 1 Imports. -- You also should have had Ken take a pic of you hugging your grandchildren and hugging your Son !! You just did not think of it like eating one of Tim's Crepes !! You did get great pics of Tim and your Granddaughters and you and Ken !! Glad you got to go where your granddaughter works at "Dunkin Donuts." -I was surprised that the kids would rather go treasure hunting than go to the Beach. Probably because they can go there anytime !! They sure live in a Beautiful place in Florida ~ I would love to go see my Son's and their families,but right now, I am too chicken to fly by myself. I would have liked to have gone with Greg and Emma on Spring break,but they never go by themselves on a trip and Emma's first trip to the Beach and the Ocean so I understood. ---Maybe sometime, I will get to go visit them all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes .. I felt like kicking myself later for the pictures and for the Crepe I didn't get!!! When we were thinking about taking the kids to the beach I was a little hesitant anyway .. would have been leary of letting them get in the water with just us there and knew they would want to play in the water. They were just happy as larks going in and out of the Antiques / Collectables places and Thrift stores. Krysti and Tim are "treasure hunters" too!!

    ReplyDelete

FEEL FREE TO MAKE COMMENTS .. I love to read them and reply. Comments make you realize someone is actually looking at your blog .. LOL!!

Followers

About Me

My photo
Blogging is one of my favorite things to do .. in fact .. I have FOUR blogs .. LOL!! "MY BIT OF MORNING BLATHER" .. is just that .. a bunch of blather!! My way of keeping up with friends and family. "BERTHA'S BED AND BREAKFAST" .. this is an ongoing project about my ancestry. RAGGEDY ANNIE'S GRANNY .. is about fun things Ken and I have done and travels we have made!!! KEN AND LIZ'S BIG ADVENTURE .. is about our latest adventure .. selling our home and buying another home!! If you want to check any of them out let me know and I will send you a link!!