RAGGEDY ANNIE'S GRANNY



This blog will be all about FUN Times .. Granny's have fun times too you know .. especially Raggedy Annie's Granny .. she's always having a good time!!


Pages

Monday, October 7, 2013

DAY 6 .. WE WAKE UP IN KAUAI!!


We were told last night by a friendly tourist that it rains on and off at all times in this area of Kauai .. and we woke up to sunshine and the crowing of our neighborhood Rooster (he had actually been crowing since 1:30 am!!) and soon it was pouring rain .. 



Ten minutes later the sun was shining brightly ..


This is the actual distance from our lanai to the Ocean .. WITHOUT the zoom lens!!
 
 
We had planned to go to this Wildlife Refuge but it is closed due to the government shutdown .. we could only take pictures from a distance!!
 




 


 





 

 
There are chickens everywhere in Kauai!!! 
 

Mama and her brood!!!




 


Another pic of Bubba Burgers but we didn't eat there today!!

 
 Notice the bag in Ken's left hand???  We've been checking out all the cute little shops .. buying souvenirs and whatever else caught our eye .. LOL!!  We bought Deli Sandwiches, Chips and drinks at Foodland and enjoyed our lunch outside in the breeze under a thatched umbrella!! 
 
And then we're off cruising the countryside to see what's out there ...
 

Lumahi Beach!!
 
The body of water on the left is a river running down to the ocean!!  It looked pretty safe to play in .. no crashing waves!!  I might even get the guts to spend some time playing there!!!





 
 


The lifeguard stand!!



 
I don't want to be out there in those crashing waves but I love to watch them and listen to them!!!  
 


There's a cave at the bottom of that huge hill!!



Carl and Sylvia are heading for the cave!!
 

 Ken is checking out the inside of the cave!!
 
This is it for today's adventures .. we checked out another beach or two as we drove along the coast but  they were not as large or as impressive as Lumahi Beach!  A lady we talked said that part of the movie "South Pacific" was filmed at Lumahi Beach .. the part where she sang "I'm gonna' wash that man right out of my hair"!!! 
 
After our "tour" of the coastline it was time to head back to Princeville to pick up a few more goodies from the Foodland store .. AND we couldn't resist the Ice Cream Shop .. I got Pumpkin Crunch in a Waffle Cone .. YUMMMMM!!! 
 
Our first full day on Kauai is finished .. it's time to turn in and rest up for another day of fun and adventure!!!  
 
 

 

 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Liz and Ken !!! It looks like your better weather is in Maui !! I have been enjoying all your Hawaiian vacation and your pics !!! Enjoy !!! Love and Big Hugs to both of you !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ocean is sooooo blue !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed the video of"Kauai" !! I looked at it at the "Bub's Burger" site. Are you going to see an actual volcano? WOW !!! You will remember this Hawaiian vacation all of your life !! How is the Hawaiian food and fancy drinks?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just got through looking at more of your pics in "Kauai" !!! Great pics !!! It is beautiful there too. Just think, they filmed part of "South Pacific" at that beach !! (You know what I was doing here-looking at the pic of the beach and ocean and singing that song !!(LOL) -- I believe this is the best vacation you could ever have in your lifetime !!

    ReplyDelete

FEEL FREE TO MAKE COMMENTS .. I love to read them and reply. Comments make you realize someone is actually looking at your blog .. LOL!!

Followers

About Me

My photo
Blogging is one of my favorite things to do .. in fact .. I have FOUR blogs .. LOL!! "MY BIT OF MORNING BLATHER" .. is just that .. a bunch of blather!! My way of keeping up with friends and family. "BERTHA'S BED AND BREAKFAST" .. this is an ongoing project about my ancestry. RAGGEDY ANNIE'S GRANNY .. is about fun things Ken and I have done and travels we have made!!! KEN AND LIZ'S BIG ADVENTURE .. is about our latest adventure .. selling our home and buying another home!! If you want to check any of them out let me know and I will send you a link!!