RAGGEDY ANNIE'S GRANNY



This blog will be all about FUN Times .. Granny's have fun times too you know .. especially Raggedy Annie's Granny .. she's always having a good time!!


Pages

Monday, October 7, 2013

MAUI TO KAUAI .. DAY 5!!

 

OUR LAST MORNING OCEANSIDE IN MAUI!!


Bags are packed .. condo is cleaned up .. time to load the minivan ..
 





 





We've been chuckling about a restaurant named "Slappy Cakes" ever since we got to Maui .. of course we HAD to go breakast there on our last morning in town!!! 


There's a griddle in the middle of each table to you can make your own Pancakes if you want to .. we didn't want to .. LOL!!  We were ready for Bacon and Eggs and Potatoes!!  Rich did order 1 Pancake with his breakfast and it was as big as a plate!! 
 

Our waiter .. isn't he a cutie??????


Back in the van!!

 
Airport bound!!
 

Here we are .. dealing with this luggage again!!  


Waiting in line to get out boarding passes and check in our luggage  .. it's a good thing we got here early!!


Look at all that luggage .. LOL!! 

 
AH OH!!  Rich is in detention .. his hip replacement set the alarms off!!!
 

How beautifully painted the Hawaiian Air Lines planes are!!!





And the take-off!!  

 
Goodbye Maui ..
 

Hello Kauai!!  




 



We have landed!!!  


Let's go get our rental car!!

 

A Rooster and a Hen to keep us company as we wait for our car!  The flight from Maui to Kauai was about 20 minutes .. the wait for our mini van .. over an hour!!  


We made it!! 



"Home" at last .. our Kalihiwai Beach House!  To see more pics of our beach house get-away click on this link!  http://www.blueskykauai.com/kalihiwaibeachhouse.htm  


Our "neighbors"

 
 Our Chickens!!
 


We have a wrap-around lanai .. this is the view from the entrance lanai!   But I must admit .. I used my zoom lens!!  We are not right on the ocean this time but we are close enough to view it. 


 
Suitcases are unpacked .. we're all settled in and off to Hanalei to pick up a few groceries and get a bite to eat!! How about Burgers and Fries at Bubba's Burgers?????   
 
 Bubba Burgers
   
 

I enjoyed the signs on the wall as we were waiting to order .. especially the NO SNIVELING sign .. LOL!!


I don't know about these little guys .. I didn't especially enjoy seeing them climbing around!!

 
 I would like to have taken more pics at Bubba's but it was getting dark and the lights were just too bright to get good pics!!   http://bubbaburger.com/bb-hanalei.html  Click on this link to see more!!  After our Bubba Burgers and Fries and a stop at a Supermarket to lay in a few necessities we headed back to our temporary home to stretch out and relax .. enjoy a cup of Coffee and a few Oreos and then off to bed to rest up for another day in Paradise!!

 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Liz and Ken !!! So far, I like Maui the best !!! Maui is where my cousins, Cathy and Max go when they go to Hawaii !! I like being right by the ocean !! The sunset was just beautiful there too !!! I so enjoyed your Hawaiian dancing etc there too. I was wondering when you got of the plane and landed in Maui, did they put real flowers around your neck? It looks like now, you are going to see more of the historic side of Hawaii !! The plane was painted beautiful. I am really enjoying my trip to Hawaii with you all !! Love and Hugs !! (Great pics) !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Beach house is just beautiful !!!

    ReplyDelete

FEEL FREE TO MAKE COMMENTS .. I love to read them and reply. Comments make you realize someone is actually looking at your blog .. LOL!!

Followers

About Me

My photo
Blogging is one of my favorite things to do .. in fact .. I have FOUR blogs .. LOL!! "MY BIT OF MORNING BLATHER" .. is just that .. a bunch of blather!! My way of keeping up with friends and family. "BERTHA'S BED AND BREAKFAST" .. this is an ongoing project about my ancestry. RAGGEDY ANNIE'S GRANNY .. is about fun things Ken and I have done and travels we have made!!! KEN AND LIZ'S BIG ADVENTURE .. is about our latest adventure .. selling our home and buying another home!! If you want to check any of them out let me know and I will send you a link!!