RAGGEDY ANNIE'S GRANNY



This blog will be all about FUN Times .. Granny's have fun times too you know .. especially Raggedy Annie's Granny .. she's always having a good time!!


Pages

Friday, October 11, 2013

DAY 8 .. LET'S GO EXPLORING!!







 
 




How about a quick bathroom and let's get a Soda stop at McDonalds??  Yep there are McDonalds on Maui and Kauai!!! 

















 






















It's just a bit windy up here at 3400 feet elevation!!!















Can you believe Rich is giving Ken a wedgie???? The funny thing is .. it looks like Ken is enjoying it .. LOL LOL LOL!!!






http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waimea_Canyon_State_Park  For more information on Weimea Canyon click on this link!!


I had to get a picture of the Weimea Canyon chickens!!!


Lunch time .. Waimea .. Wrangler's 





Soup and Salad Bar!



The adventurous ones in the group ordered the Kau Kau Tin Lunch .. (Terriyaki Beef, Tempura Shrimp and all kinds of yukky Vegetabels  and Rice)I was the only UNadventurous one .. I got the Cheeseburger and Fries!! 




The tin pails were a big hit!!!



They got chopsticks to eat with also .. I was sooooo jealous ... NOT!!!!


Somehow it just didn't seem right to have a Western motif restaurant in Hawaii but we loved it!!  At this point this is the favorite restaurant on Maui!!
 

Driving along the coast line .. 





A Coffee Plantation!!


PO'IPU BEACH PARK .. 

















 





Notice the Sea Turtle on the sand!! 



According to local stories this Sea Turtle is 70 years old and spends most of it's time soaking up sun on the beach!!!  At one time it's shell was cracked and they super glued it back together!!!





Just down the beach  from the Sea Turtle was this Monk Seal ..




 
 The Monk Seal is only 3 years old and spends most of it's days soaking up the sun also!!!  It has been tagged so they can keep track of it.  You can see the orange tag on the left  by it's "foot".
 


 

 






THE SPOUTING HORN
 
https://www.google.com/#q=the+spouting+horn+kauai  For more on the Spouting Horn click on this link!!!
 
























 






 

 

 



Chickens .. Chickens everywhere!!!



The Chickens are finding their roost for the night!!








Waiting for the sunset!!!!


 





Ahhhhhhhhhhhh .. it was worth waiting for!!!










 




It was another wonderful day in Kauai!!!
 

 

 








2 comments:

  1. Wonderful pics !!! I am on my last leg today !! I went to the "Covered Bridge Festival " yesterday and walked alot !! Then, I babysit Maddy, Noah, and Ali from 5-6:30 and Megan and Keely were here this afternoon until this evening. I had a wonderful time,but I am worn out !! I went to bed early last night and probably tonight too!! Love and Big Hugs to you both !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow the pictures are wonderful my first question is about the fruit on the trees was it mango?? ty for the info about the pineapple

    ReplyDelete

FEEL FREE TO MAKE COMMENTS .. I love to read them and reply. Comments make you realize someone is actually looking at your blog .. LOL!!

Followers

About Me

My photo
Blogging is one of my favorite things to do .. in fact .. I have FOUR blogs .. LOL!! "MY BIT OF MORNING BLATHER" .. is just that .. a bunch of blather!! My way of keeping up with friends and family. "BERTHA'S BED AND BREAKFAST" .. this is an ongoing project about my ancestry. RAGGEDY ANNIE'S GRANNY .. is about fun things Ken and I have done and travels we have made!!! KEN AND LIZ'S BIG ADVENTURE .. is about our latest adventure .. selling our home and buying another home!! If you want to check any of them out let me know and I will send you a link!!