RAGGEDY ANNIE'S GRANNY



This blog will be all about FUN Times .. Granny's have fun times too you know .. especially Raggedy Annie's Granny .. she's always having a good time!!


Pages

Saturday, July 12, 2014

KATHY'S VISIT .. AN AFTERNOON AT KIMMSWICK!!


If you remember .. we took Kathy to Kimmswick for lunch at the Dough Depot the day we arrived in Missouri but by the time lunch was over we discovered the shops were all closing and we promised we'd bring her back another day ...



 















 

















Kathy bought a neat colorful bracelet in this shop as her souvenir of her visit to Missouri but alack and alas we didn't either one think to take a picture!!  Send me a pic Kathy and I'll add it here!!!! 






 


 


 

 

 




Blue Owl Restaurant ..



Blue Owl Sweet Shoppe ..
 
Hard to believe Kathy and I didn't either one get a picture of the front of this neat little Sweet Shoppe!!!  What were we thinking???????


 
An Ice Cream Shoppe complete with a soda fountain .. WOW!!! 






 
Of course we had to have a Soda ..
 

Kathy and Ken got Chocolate Sodas ..


The "Soda Jerk" (that is what they used to call them isn't it???) was telling Ken about a Dreamsicle Soda and I decided I needed one of those .. 
 





Uuuuuummmmmmm Good!!! 





 


How about taking a box of "goodies" home with you???????



 

 
And of course .. the Kimmswick 250 year birthday cake!!! 
 
We didn't make it to the Blue Owl Restaurant while Kathy was here but Ken and I did go there a few days later .. I decided to post the pics from inside the restaurant so Kathy can see them ..
 

 
 






The Blue Owl!!! 


I love their 4th of July decorations!!
 

A Fizzy Izzy Root Beer .. made in St. Genevieve, Missouri!!!  Of course we had to have one .. and the waitress let me keep the bottle .. it now resides on top of the cabinets with my other soda bottles!!! 


The Strawberry Salad


White Meat Chicken, Mashed Potatoes and Gravy, Green Beans and a couple of huge home made Biscuits .. Yuummmmmmm!!! 

 
 
There are so many delightful shops in Kimmswick we ran out of time before we could get to them all .. that will have to go on your to do list for next visit Kathy .. and lunch at the Blue Owl while we're there!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEL FREE TO MAKE COMMENTS .. I love to read them and reply. Comments make you realize someone is actually looking at your blog .. LOL!!

Followers

About Me

My photo
Blogging is one of my favorite things to do .. in fact .. I have FOUR blogs .. LOL!! "MY BIT OF MORNING BLATHER" .. is just that .. a bunch of blather!! My way of keeping up with friends and family. "BERTHA'S BED AND BREAKFAST" .. this is an ongoing project about my ancestry. RAGGEDY ANNIE'S GRANNY .. is about fun things Ken and I have done and travels we have made!!! KEN AND LIZ'S BIG ADVENTURE .. is about our latest adventure .. selling our home and buying another home!! If you want to check any of them out let me know and I will send you a link!!