RAGGEDY ANNIE'S GRANNY



This blog will be all about FUN Times .. Granny's have fun times too you know .. especially Raggedy Annie's Granny .. she's always having a good time!!


Pages

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

DAY EIGHT .. WE MEET AT LAST!!

We had such a great time with Tim, Krysti, Oceanna,Sydni and Summer .. how wonderful to see my son and older granddaughter once again and to meet Krysti, Sydni and Summer!!  Oceanna is all grown up now and wasn't able to spend the day with us because of her job but she was with us for the evening!  Things worked out great for meeting Sydni and Summer  since this  was President's Day  and they didn't have school so we were able to have them with for the day .. what a delight they both are!!  I had forgotten what fun it is to spend time with youngsters!! 

When I talked to Tim the night before we made plans for them to meet us at our motel / hotel as they needed to come to Fort Pierce to take care of some business anyway. 


Following Tim's truck through Fort Pierce!!   Sydni and Summer did a lot of waving out the back window .. I thought I was catching the wave but alack and alas .. I missed it!!! 


This is one of the buisnesses Tim remodeled .. he drove us past other buildings he had either remodeled or landscaped also but too much traffic to be able to get pictures!! 

We had already decided we would spend our day  "treasure hunting" .. that's a favorite thing to do for Tim and Krysti also!!!  First stop .. this Antique Mall ..



Purses .. cameras etc. had to be left in the car or put in a locker in this store so no pics .. I don't think any of us found anything here .. but we had a great time looking!!  Ken had told Sydni and Summer they could really be a help by looking out for a spittoon for him to buy .. of course he had to try to describe a spittoon for them!!  They got really excited about finding a spittoon and kept taking us off to look at what they had found .. LOL!!  Sad to say there was not a spittoon in the place but we all had a lot of fun with the search!! 
 
Next stop .. Long John Silvers for lunch ..


Meet my granddaughter Summer .. don't you just love that big smile!!!!  

 
And this is Sydni .. she has a beautiful smile too .. but too busy nibbling in this picture!!!  Great pic of Grandma and Grandpa too  .. LOL!!  


And Krysti and Tim .. I don't know what Tim's trying to figure out!!! 


He's still got his hand on his head .. maybe he was having a problem with his sunglasses .. LOL!! 


After lunch .. Laura's Emporium .. I really liked this place!!  If I lived here I would be coming here quite often!!! 

 
I think Ken should make one of these for me!!! 


We had also let Sydni and Summer know that I liked Raggedy Ann and Andy dolls .. so they searched for those also  .. although Summer thinks they are ugly .. LOL!!  I had to agree with her that some of them ARE ugly .. but not all!!! 


This booth also had a collection of Boyd's Bears .. but none that I wanted!!! 
 
 
However, I did buy the little bear that was setting up in front of their Boyds Bear for sale sign .. and this 100th Anniversary of the Teddy Bear .. 1902 - 2002 shadow box!!  


This booth had something else I love too .. children's tea sets!!!  But no .. I didn't buy it!! 




I thought this was a very neat idea for a country bathroom .. but not for $25.00!!   I took a pic to remind me to create a basket like this for myself!!


This picture didn't come out very good but I have to post it anyway .. Summer was excited because she found what she wanted .. the slinky dog from Toy Story!!!  If  I had a memory I would tell you it's name .. Summer told me .. but I have forgotten it!!! 


We all thought the border in the bathroom was very neat!!  Ken asked the lady at the register where they got it .. I guess maybe he thought we should get some .. but the lady said it had been discontinued!! 

 
I liked that they had this on a table by the door as you go out .. you got to learn a little bit about the lady the store was named after!!! 
 
Next stop .. White City Antique Mercantile .. 


I loved this store before I even got inside!!! 


I really like that little red child's chair!!  



The guys are a bit pooped by now .. or maybe they're just bored??????


Goodwill stores CAN be beautiful!!  We didn't go in this store but I just had to take a pic to post .. this is so much prettier than the store in Festus!!! 


Would you want this job?????


The beautiful home of Tim, Krysti, Oceanna, Sydni and Summer in Port St. Lucie, Florida.  I love the architecture and façade (not sure that's the right word!!)  of the homes in the Port St. Lucie / Fort Pierce area. 


I got the name of this plant for I knew there would be some who would want to know .. but alack and alas I can't find the paper I wrote it on .. I will get it again!!! ***  Portasporium is the name of the plant  .. I emailed Tim for help .. LOL!!    It is a lot prettier than it looks in this picture!!! 







 

If you know me you know that I loved the décor of Tim and Krysti's home!!  Sorry the pictures didn't come out better .. one of these days I'll learn the right settings on my camera to take a good pic!!! 

 
Tim had put a Roast in the crock pot before they left for the day and the house smelled delicious when we walked in!!   Krysti fixed the rest of the very delicious meal while we visited with Oceanna, Sydni and Summer.  Oceanna and Sydni look so much alike it's amazing .. as you can see here  they act a lot alike too .. LOL!! 
 
It was a great day and over all too soon .. I was so glad the girls didn't have school and we got to spend the whole day with them!!     I will be forever thankful to have had this day!!  
 
A sunset in Port St. Lucie .. BEAUTIFUL!!! 





2 comments:

  1. Hi Liz and Ken ! We have had 2 warm days. Yesterday, we had rain and in the 50s and today it is in the 60s and suppose to be windy this afternoon. I am so glad that you have had so much fun with your son, Tim and his family !! So happy for you !! I know you are glad to have the Florida Sunshine !! Have a good time with your friends at Fort Myers too !! Big Hugs to both of you !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read your blog and enjoyed all your pics !! Yes, these are memories that you will cherish always !! Your son's house is decorated just like you and he cooks too!! You left an imprint of your talents in all your children !!Big Hugs !!

    ReplyDelete

FEEL FREE TO MAKE COMMENTS .. I love to read them and reply. Comments make you realize someone is actually looking at your blog .. LOL!!

Followers

About Me

My photo
Blogging is one of my favorite things to do .. in fact .. I have FOUR blogs .. LOL!! "MY BIT OF MORNING BLATHER" .. is just that .. a bunch of blather!! My way of keeping up with friends and family. "BERTHA'S BED AND BREAKFAST" .. this is an ongoing project about my ancestry. RAGGEDY ANNIE'S GRANNY .. is about fun things Ken and I have done and travels we have made!!! KEN AND LIZ'S BIG ADVENTURE .. is about our latest adventure .. selling our home and buying another home!! If you want to check any of them out let me know and I will send you a link!!