RAGGEDY ANNIE'S GRANNY



This blog will be all about FUN Times .. Granny's have fun times too you know .. especially Raggedy Annie's Granny .. she's always having a good time!!


Pages

Thursday, February 13, 2014

DAY FOUR AT MYRTLE BEACH!!


GOOD MORNING FROM MYRTLE BEACH!!!  This morning's view from the window of Room 418!!  Temp right now is 34 degrees .. looking very gray and overcast but at least it's not raining .. however, there is an 80% chance of rain for today!!  Sitting here with my cup of Coffee with Caramel Machiatto Creamer (Yummmmm!!)  .. looking out the window at the waves rolling in .. and pecking away on my keyboard .. Aaaahhhhh life is grand!!!
 

 



 


Aaaaaahhhh .. a little daylight on the horizon at last!!! 


I've seen a couple of people walking by on the beach as I sit here .. a man walking his dog and later a lady taking pictures of the waves!!  We are determined that we will take a walk on the beach at some point today .. you can't come to Myrtle Beach and not get down there in the sand for a stroll .. even if the weather is lousey!!!  I'm thinking since there's an 80% chance of rain we might need to get our rears in gears .. take our showers .. get dressed and hit the beach!!!!

A few pics from last night's fun ..


From left to right ...
Richard, Marilyn, Edna, Vivian, Jerry, Ken and Moi!!!!


George was the Bingo caller!!!


BINGO!!!!!!!

Ken was the only one at our table who won anything .. Good Job Ken!!!
 
The Bingo was fun .. they only play 10 games of Bingo so it didn't last long .. so the 8 of us got back together at George and Vivian's apartment and played cards .. I have now learned 2 new card games while here at Myrtle Beach .. "Pay Me" and "Scat".   I liked them both .. we'll be teaching them to  everybody back home!!!
 
We'll be getting together with the others again this evening but we're going to do some wondering around on our own until then .. one thing we'll be doing is looking for a penny smashing machine .. Madonna requested smashed pennies and post cards from every place we went .. we've not had much luck finding post cards OR smashed penny machines .. but surely we'll find a smashed penny machine here at Myrtle Beach!!! 

THURSDAY AFTERNOON EDITION ..

We're off and running .. searching for a penny smashing machine .. LOL!!  I got a good picture of the Grissom Parkway sign as we were going through ..


There's another sign further down the road that says Robert M. Grissom Parkway.  I'll have to go to my good friend Google and see what I can find out about Robert M. Grissom and why he got a highway named after him!!!
 
Ken asked everybody last night where we could find a penny smashing machine .. they said go to the Broadway area on the Boardwalk .. that some of the shops there had them so that's where we headed ..






We were the only people on the Boardwalk .. all the shops were closed!!!
 
We did some driving around and stopped at a souvenir shop down the road that was open .. found a couple of things there but  didn't find a penny machine!!!


Time for lunch .. going through the drive-thru at jangles to get a Fried Bologna Biscuit Sandwich!! 


 
Our wonderful lunch cost $2.19!!!  I grew up eating Fried Bologna Sandwiches but to the best of my knowledge I never had it on a Biscuit .. it was pretty darned good!!!  But I don't want to even think about how many calories were in that thing!!!
 
Needless to say we brought our sandwiches back to our room to enjoy.  After lunch I warmed up the laptop and started searching .. I typed "smashed penny machines" in on Google and found many many places in Myrtle Beach that have them .. about 10 of those places were located along the Boardwalk .. and closed today!!  However, there were several others scattered around .. so with addresses in had we headed out again.  I put the first address in the GPS (known to us as Bertha or BB) and off we went .  She took us about 20 miles out of town but we listened to her and did what she said .. Hmmmm .. got to the address and it was a residence .. not a place that would have a penny smasher!!!  Soooooo .. I looked down through the things I had written down and one of them was a Bass Pro Outdoor World store!!  The address went in and Bertha led the way .. back the way we had come .. back past all those places we had already passed .. and about 5 miles outside of town in the other direction .. LOL!!!  We were happy to see that at the address was a Bass Pro indeed .. AND .. it was open!!!
 
Of course we had to do a little looking around while we were there ..
 
 
Ken was enthralled with the giant fish in the giant aquarium!!   


A Porcupine Puffer Fish!! 


 

Needless to say this is the Porcupine Puffer Fish all puffed up!!!


The penny machine at last .. Yayyyyyyyy!!!!


I put the coins in Ken did the cranking .. TEAMWORK!!!!


MISSION ACCOMPLISHED .. and we're off to the Caravelle Resort .. 



Time for our walk on the beach!!!! 


It's very windy .. Ken was about to lose his hat ..LOL!!!


It helps to turn it around backwards .. LOL LOL LOL!!!!


He doesn't look very happy to be sharing his beach!!!!



In some areas the sand is full of broken shells!!! 




The hotel we are in .. go 4 windows up 7 windows from the left .. that's our balcony!!!


Brrrrr .. it's COLD out here!!! 
 
The next time I'm on this beach I plan to be sitting in a lawn chair .. camera in hand .. snapping pictures of swimmers and surfers and kids having fun in the sand .. and soaking up some SUNSHINE!!! 
 


Time to give these eyes and my numb buns a break .. who knows .. I might even take a short nap .. Ken's already napping .. and then we'll be off this evening to enjoy our last evening here with Ken's friends!!   We'll be packing up and leaving in the morning and if we play cards as late tonight as we did last night I won't be checking in again tonight .. sooooooo ..  see you in St. Augustine!!!
 
 


4 comments:

  1. Hi Liz and Ken, It is 41 right now and blue sky and sunshine.It is the warmest day we have had in a while.I babysit Noah and Ali and Maddy came after school. Clark brought chicken,cheese sticks,broasted potatoes,and chips for supper. Angie will be picking them up this evening Myrtle Beach is such a beautiful place! I am so sorry the weather did not cooperate ,but I am sure it was nice to meet Ken's friends. Your pics were good ! St. Augustine will be a beautiful, romantic place for Valentine's day !! If it is warm,I hope you get to take a carriage ride ! Also, "The Believe it or not " museum is awesome ! St. Augustine is one of my favorite places to go in Florida .My wine was from St. Augustine. You will really enjoy it there.Be careful and Be safe !! Enjoy !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! Thanks for going the extra mile (ahem 20 miles!!lol!) for the penny! Now see what fun it was to find one? Hope your trip warms up

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Liz and Ken !! "Happy Valentine's Day" !!! I hope you are in St. Augustine for Valentine's day and hope it is alot warmer. We got another snow storm today !! I have pics on my facebook! Emma was here with Grandma for Valentine's day! Have a wonderful time !! Love you both and Sending Big Hugs !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Liz and Ken !! I heard there was a 4.-earthquake on the South Carolina/Georgia border on Valentine's day.I was hoping you would have a post so I knew that you were ok. Hoping you are just having fun in Warm Florida now !! Emma is here today and Greg brought us sweet rolls from Caseys! Yummy and no calories!Hope to hear from you soon !! Hugs to both of you !!(We are suppose to get another inch of snow tonight and possibility of Monday too!

    ReplyDelete

FEEL FREE TO MAKE COMMENTS .. I love to read them and reply. Comments make you realize someone is actually looking at your blog .. LOL!!

Followers

About Me

My photo
Blogging is one of my favorite things to do .. in fact .. I have FOUR blogs .. LOL!! "MY BIT OF MORNING BLATHER" .. is just that .. a bunch of blather!! My way of keeping up with friends and family. "BERTHA'S BED AND BREAKFAST" .. this is an ongoing project about my ancestry. RAGGEDY ANNIE'S GRANNY .. is about fun things Ken and I have done and travels we have made!!! KEN AND LIZ'S BIG ADVENTURE .. is about our latest adventure .. selling our home and buying another home!! If you want to check any of them out let me know and I will send you a link!!