RAGGEDY ANNIE'S GRANNY



This blog will be all about FUN Times .. Granny's have fun times too you know .. especially Raggedy Annie's Granny .. she's always having a good time!!


Pages

Monday, February 17, 2014

DAY SEVEN ..WHAT'S IN TITUSVILLE?????


The Ramada Inn in Titusville .. notice the Denny's sign to the left of the entrance.  When you stay here you get vouchers for Breakfast at Denny's instead of a Continental Breakfast .. how neat!!! 




We had our Breakfast and then went back to the room to look at info on rooms in Port St. Lucie .. we had a book of coupons that said you could stay at the Hutchinson Island Plaza for only $69.00 a night .. this was a waterview room etc. etc. etc.  .. I called to reserve a room since we had been having such a problem with getting rooms .. of course their response about the coupon was "Oh no .. we can't do that this weekend .. those rooms are all taken" .. but they had a few rooms left for $174.00 a night!!  I of course said "No thank you" .. she then offered to see what she could find in that area for the price range we were looking for and after a few minutes on her computer came up with rooms at the Econo Lodge for $55.00 a night .. but I would have to book them myself via the phone number she gave me or computer.   I tried booking them by computer but ended up booking them by phone .. and got a senior discount .. Tra La .. Tra La .. $53.00 a night!!   With that job done we climbed into the car and were off to see what we could find to do in Titusville. 

We had already seen in a AAA travel book about a Botanical Garden and had planned to do that but along the way we came across this ...


Antique Shops and Thrift Stores are two of my favorite places .. this place was huge and of course we had to stop!!! 

I saw a lot of very neat antique items but took just a few pics of things I really found neat!! 

 
I saw this tree and thought instantly of my daughter Cris and my friend Kathy back home in Illinois!!  They both have a tree like this .. Kathy is planning to leave hers out year round and decorate it for the seasons and holidays ..   how neat it would be to collect vintage teacups to decorate it with!!!    Now I'm trying to figure out where I could put one .. LOL!! 



Of course I love this booth!!!


This struck my fance but the $62.00 price didn't .. so I just took a picture to share!!!


I took a picture of this just because I have an enamelware pan that I could do this with .. but would get the stuff with red berries instead of blue!! 

We spent an hour or three in the Antique Shop .. I haven't yet taken a picture of what I bought .. a vintage song sheet with Raggedy Ann and Andy on it .. and some of those vintage looking candles that are powered by  AA batteries. 

 
 We've done a lot of this in the last several days ..I decided it was time to get a pic!!  Gas was $3.39.  Notice Ken has shorts and a short sleeved shirt on!! 



Before taking off for our hotel in Port St. Lucie I called the phone number for our hotel to get an address to give to "Bertha" so she could help us find our way and discovered the Econo Lodge we were headed for was in Fort Pierce .. not Port St. Lucie!!!  Guess it's a good thing I called .. LOL!!!  That's OK .. as you can see Port St. Lucie is only 11 miles away!!

I called Tim as soon as we got settled into our room and discussed  our plans for the next day .. and we were off to yet another Cracker Barrel for our supper .. and then back to the room for computing .. reading .. and RELAXING!!!  Tomorrow would be a busy busy day .. at the very top of our list of things to do .. 'Treasure Hunting" .. Tim and Krysti love going on the hunt just as much as I do!!! 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Liz and Ken !! I like the Antique Mall too. Yes, the tree reminded me of my tree and how I could decorate it different ways. Glad you got a Vintage song sheet of Raggedy Ann and Andy. -I am soooo glad that you are going to spend time with your son, Tim and his family ! I can feel your excitement !! Have a wonderful time with your family in Florida !! Love and Big Hugs to both of you !!! Enjoy !

    ReplyDelete

FEEL FREE TO MAKE COMMENTS .. I love to read them and reply. Comments make you realize someone is actually looking at your blog .. LOL!!

Followers

About Me

My photo
Blogging is one of my favorite things to do .. in fact .. I have FOUR blogs .. LOL!! "MY BIT OF MORNING BLATHER" .. is just that .. a bunch of blather!! My way of keeping up with friends and family. "BERTHA'S BED AND BREAKFAST" .. this is an ongoing project about my ancestry. RAGGEDY ANNIE'S GRANNY .. is about fun things Ken and I have done and travels we have made!!! KEN AND LIZ'S BIG ADVENTURE .. is about our latest adventure .. selling our home and buying another home!! If you want to check any of them out let me know and I will send you a link!!