RAGGEDY ANNIE'S GRANNY



This blog will be all about FUN Times .. Granny's have fun times too you know .. especially Raggedy Annie's Granny .. she's always having a good time!!


Pages

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

DAY THREE .. OH MY!!!

What a lousey day to be at Myrtle Beach .. LOL!!!  I don't think we could possibly have picked a worse time to come .. it's a good thing we both a good sense of humor!!!


This was the view from our balcony this morning .. you can't see it but it was raining .. just a light rain .. but the rain was freezing on the palm fronds and on the metal railing across the front of our balcony. 






This is our view now!!  Today was moving day for us!!  The sliding door on the our original room was very very hard to open .. Ken  called the front desk and a guy came to work on it but he said the wheels were gone off of it and he couldn't fix it so they said we could move to another room if we wanted.  They offered us a room on down the hall from us but we decided since it was going to be too cold and wet to go out to the tables and lounges and beach there wasn't much need to be on the ground floor .. we chose to move UP so that we could see the ocean better!!!  Our new room is on the 4th floor and practically straight above   yesterday's room!!  The trees you see in this picture are the same ones you saw in the other picture  but 3 floors up!!!



After getting all settled into our new room Ken called his friends Jerry and Edna and they said to come on over when we were ready to be out and about.  They are in the same Caravelle Resort complex that we are but in a different building a block or so away from the one we're in.  They rent an apartment with 3 bedrooms, living room, full kitchen, laundry etc.  .. his other friends also rent a place in this building.  They stay for a month or so every year!! 
 
Ken had thought we might walk over to their building .. Liz said "are you kidding"??????  It was raining .. freezing rain .. and windy and sooooo cold!!!  No way did I want to walk over there!!! 

 

Here's what we saw in the parking lot of the building Jerry and Edna were in!!!  I'm sure glad we have garage parking!!!! 


Ice .. 


Ice .. 


And more ice!!!  


Lots of branches down because of the weight of the ice!!!





You have to wonder if the trees and plants will come out of it when all this ice melts .. I sure hope so!!!


This is a picture taken from the balcony of Jerry & Edna's place .. a "slew" (sp) that runs through the area.


This is the hot tub for their part of the complex .. Jerry said it hadn't worked for a couple of years but they had it fixed and it was working this year!!  It may not by the time this is over!!! 



Ice everywhere!!!


Sad!!!
 
We had Coffee and visited a while with Jerry & Edna .. and then some more friends of Ken's came over .. George and Vivian .. and we all went out to lunch at the KW Cafeteria.  Good food but too much of it .. Ken and I brought about half of ours back with us .. that will be our supper tonight!!  We spent the afternoon at George & Vivian's apartment playing a new card game for me but Ken had played it before.  It was a fun game and a great way for me to get acquainted with them and them with me!!! 
 
After the game .. which Edna won .. Ken and I chose to come back to our place and take a nap then we are getting together to play Bingo tonight with a group in their apartment complex and then we will play cards again after the Bingo!  Sounds like a fun evening to me!!! 
 
I like Ken's friends .. I hope they like me too .. LOL!!
 
The first thing I did when we walked into our place was walk over and look out to the ocean .. lo and behold .. there was a guy out there in the freezing cold water!!!  We thought he must be swimming but then a little later we saw he had a surf board!!
 

I took a video so you could see the wild waves rolling in AND the surfer!!  I can't imagine being out there in that cold water .. it had to be freezing!!!  The wind blowing so hard made it pretty difficult to hear what I was saying and to hear the waves rolling in .. AND .. for some reason the camera shut itself off before I really wanted to quit but I hope you enjoy what's there anyway .. LOL!!!  
 



Ken's got his leftover Sweet and Sour Chicken warming in the microwave and it's smelling pretty darned good .. guess I'd best get mine warmed up too .. it will be time to head out in the cold to the Bingo game shortly!!  I missed taking my nap so I could visit here with you guys .. I sure hope you appreciate it .. LOL LOL LOL!!!

I'm outta' here .. Good Night All!!!

3 comments:

  1. well-hey!! You had the beach practically to yourselves--how often does that happen at Myrtle Beach?!LOL! sounds like you're having a fun time. :o) got up into the mid to high 30's here and bright and sunny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny .. that's what Ken said .."look at that .. we could have the beach all to ourselves" .. LOL!! It was in the 30s here too but sure didn't feel like it!! Hope your 30s were a warmer 30s than the the 30s here .. LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Liz and Ken !! I am so glad you are ok ! I was worried about you both with all the ice !! I will be so glad when you are in Florida where it is warm !! I talked to Scott and he said it was cool in Jacksonville, Florida ,but in the Tampa area, it is in the 70s. I enjoyed your pics and glad you had fun with Ken's friends . It looks like a beautiful place to go when it is warmer !! I have pic on my facebook of what I did today . I liked the video of the guy surfing! It was good to hear your voice, Liz !!! Stay Warm and Be Safe and Enjoy !!

    ReplyDelete

FEEL FREE TO MAKE COMMENTS .. I love to read them and reply. Comments make you realize someone is actually looking at your blog .. LOL!!

Followers

About Me

My photo
Blogging is one of my favorite things to do .. in fact .. I have FOUR blogs .. LOL!! "MY BIT OF MORNING BLATHER" .. is just that .. a bunch of blather!! My way of keeping up with friends and family. "BERTHA'S BED AND BREAKFAST" .. this is an ongoing project about my ancestry. RAGGEDY ANNIE'S GRANNY .. is about fun things Ken and I have done and travels we have made!!! KEN AND LIZ'S BIG ADVENTURE .. is about our latest adventure .. selling our home and buying another home!! If you want to check any of them out let me know and I will send you a link!!