RAGGEDY ANNIE'S GRANNY



This blog will be all about FUN Times .. Granny's have fun times too you know .. especially Raggedy Annie's Granny .. she's always having a good time!!


Pages

Thursday, October 13, 2016

ARIZONA ADVENTURE DAY TEN!!!


DAY TEN was Sunday, October 2nd .. This would be our last day with the kids .. Steve and Lori have their own business and we don't want to keep them from it too long!!!  They have been doing a great job of keeping us entertained and this day will be another busy and enourmously fun day!!!  The Hungry Fox Restaurant for Breakfast .. the Queen Mine Tour and the town of Bisbee AND Boot Hill Cemetery!!!  One more time we are at Steve and Lori's .. checking out the waterfall and the goldfish in the back yard!!




And one more time .. everybody's climbing into Lori's van for a day of fun ..



Before you know it we are at The Hungry Fox ..



As you will soon see this is a place that fits me to a T ...





I used to collect nutcrackers but I never ever had this many!!!!  My granddaughter in Florida now collects them .. she doesn't have this many either .. YET!!! 







A busy place too .. you know what that means .. the food is GREAT, right?????





I very nicely waited for the lady to get passed before snapping a picture of her very nicely decorated hat ..



Perhaps you'd like to see my Breakfast a little closer up .. Yuuummmmmmmm ...


And let's not forget the collection of Bears .. love this place!!!



Belly's are full and we are off to Boot Hill Graveyard in Tombstone, Arizona ..










Whoops .. that deep-voiced rough and tumble John Wayne is blocking the door out to the graveyard .. think we should try to shoot it out with him .. or maybe we should just ask him nicely to let us go out ..









Two handsome young men picked some beautiful flowers for Grandma Lori ..



Awwwww .. Grandma Liz gets one too ...



















The only Elizabeth I found .. I assume her name was Elizabeth .. could have been Eliza I guess????  But I think they would have squeezed that A on the board .. don't you????





Hmmmmm .. William Carpenter is the name of my kids' father .. also of my oldest son .. so of course I had to get a picture of this one!!!  Funny .. I am posting a link at the end of this story about Boot Hill and the graves there .. if you check it out when you come to the story of Wm. Carpenter you will see that he was a Baptist Preacher .. my kids' Grandad Carl Carpenter was also a Baptist Preacher!!! 







Billy Clanton, Tom McLaury, and Frank McLaury were killed by Wyatt Earp, Morgan Earp, Virgil Earp, and Doc Holliday, in the famous "Gunfight at the O.K. Corral."

Below is a link to the story and pics of these 2 brothers and their friend who are buried here in these graves!!! 



















Dutch Annie's grave was the last one I took a picture of as we headed back to the Boot Hill store .. I chose a stone from her grave to give to Beth for her rock garden!!





Headed now for Queen Mines in Bisbee, Arizona .. 3:29 PM .. but first the link to the page about the residents of Boot Hill Graveyard ..


























A stop along the way ...

































Ah Oh .. Look who found the penny smasher in the Visitors Shop ..



Grandpa Kenny let the boys each smash a penny before he smashed one for Madonna ..



Caleb had a little bit of a problem getting that big old handle clear around so Grandma Lori stepped in to help ..


And now it's Grandpa Kenny's turn ..


The boys are wanting a cup of  Hot Chocolate and Bisbee has just the right place ..





And now let's check out this little town of Bisbee ..









This is a neat and quaint little town but I would NOT want to live at the top of those steps ..











Looking for a haunting place to stay????  According the page the  link below leads you to there are several haunted places in Bisbee .. Just as I was thinking Bisbee might be a great place to stay "next time" .. I came across this info out there on the web .. verrryyy interesting!!! 














 Sad to say it was a bit late when we got to Bisbee and very few of the places were open .. we were not able to go into the museum ..



Notice this mural tells about the GREAT STAIR CLIMB .. Steve said they have a yearly competition and a part of it is climbing up and down the many sets of stairs in this neat town!!!! 



Leaving Bisbee  ..


Sierra Vista .. what a beautiful sight to see ..








Huacha City ..


 Vail ..


Back in Tucson ..




What a beautiful place!!! 



Oh YES .. I actually took a picture in the Ladies Room .. LOL!!!



The Mariachi Band came over to entertain and played us a couple of songs ..




After our meal together here we all climbed back into Lori's van and headed back to Steve and Lori's house in Tucson where we said our goodbyes for this time.  We loved our visit with Steve and Lori and the boys .. and definitely plan to come back and pester them again some day .. hopefully sooner rather than later!!!!  Thank You so much Steve, Lori, Jeremiah and Caleb!!!!


2 comments:

  1. Hi Liz and Ken ! I so enjoyed these pics the Best ! It was like reliving my life in Arizona ! I have been to Bisbee, Sierra,Vista, Tombstone, Tuscon and Phoenix area ! You were very close to where I lived in Douglas when you went to Bisbee ! We use to go to Aqua Prieta,Mexico and listen to the Mariachi bands. That is why I like Mexican music !! Remember in one comment , I told you that I actually drove across the border to Mexico . I liked the Pinnacle Peaks restaurant too. If I remember right, we use to go to Sierra Vista to go to a McDonalds. These were great pics ! So glad you had a good time with Ken's Son's family ! The only thing I wish you could have seen was the Sonora Desert Museum. ---The place you had breakfast looked like your kind of place and yummy breakfast too ! ---Good pics of you and Ken and his Family. ---Yes, That was sure unusual that there would be a William Carpenter at Boot Hill and their Grandpa was also a Baptist Minister ! I loved it there the year I lived in Arizona. My Brother's Son's family lives in Tuscon. His other Son (my Nephews ) lives in Tempe. Denise's Dad lives in Yuma. --I think Scottsdale and the Phoenix area is nice too. You should make your next trip in the Spring when the cactus are all in bloom. It is Awesome !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought you would really like the pics of our time in Arizona since you had lived there ... had no idea you had actually been to these places though .. how neat!!! Yes .. when I read on the page about Boot Hill that the Wm Carpenter buried there was a Baptist Minister and the tie in with the kids dad and Billy being named William Carpenter AND the kids Grandad Carpenter being a Baptist Minister was just too much coincidence not to share!!!!

    ReplyDelete

FEEL FREE TO MAKE COMMENTS .. I love to read them and reply. Comments make you realize someone is actually looking at your blog .. LOL!!

Followers

About Me

My photo
Blogging is one of my favorite things to do .. in fact .. I have FOUR blogs .. LOL!! "MY BIT OF MORNING BLATHER" .. is just that .. a bunch of blather!! My way of keeping up with friends and family. "BERTHA'S BED AND BREAKFAST" .. this is an ongoing project about my ancestry. RAGGEDY ANNIE'S GRANNY .. is about fun things Ken and I have done and travels we have made!!! KEN AND LIZ'S BIG ADVENTURE .. is about our latest adventure .. selling our home and buying another home!! If you want to check any of them out let me know and I will send you a link!!