RAGGEDY ANNIE'S GRANNY



This blog will be all about FUN Times .. Granny's have fun times too you know .. especially Raggedy Annie's Granny .. she's always having a good time!!


Pages

Thursday, October 20, 2016

ARIZONA ADVENTURE DAY THIRTEEN!!!

We had an exciting start for DAY THIRTEEN of our Arizona Adventure .. first stop was Toot 'n Totum Gas in Amarillo .. 8:56 in the AM!!!  Gas was $1.96 a gallon!!


You've heard the song "Cadillac Ranch" right????  Well .. there it is ..


10 Cadillacs buried nose deep in the ground .. and a little farther up the road we came across more Cadillacs ..





We went inside the gift shop hoping for a penny smasher but no such luck!!!! 





Wanta' know a little more about the Cadillac Ranch??? Click on the link below ..

CADILLAC RANCH AMARILLO TEXAS!!!

Still in Amarillo .. 9:29 ..


Groom .. 10:00 ..






Clarendon .. Rest area .. 10:19 ..




























McLean .. 10:34 ..


Erick .. 11:38 ..



Oklahoma .. 11:38 ..


Welcome to Oklahoma ..








The Little Debbie truck .. I love Little Debbies!!!



Foss .. 12:34 ..










More of the Route 66 .. Love's Gas station in Hinton .. 1:22 ..


Whoops .. Krispy Kremes .. who can resist????


Yuuuummmmm!!! 


Calumet .. 1:45 ..


Oklahoma City .. 2:17 ..



Oklahoma City National Memorial & Museum .. 3:51 ..


















       






















For more about the memorial click on the link below ..

THE OUTDOOR SYMBOLIC MEMORIAL!!

Next stop .. Bass Pro!!  Something very special here .. you'll know it when you see it ...




Yep .. there it is .. the PENNY SMASHER!!! 











And a very short distance from the Bass Pro Shop ..


Ken and I did the canal walk .. it began by walking under this bridge .. My granddaughter Jacqueline and her family once lived in Oklahoma City and as we were walking here I wondered if she and her husband Chris had ever been to the Memorial or ever walked here!!!  I found out later that yes they had!!! 



































Time for Supper .. where else but Cracker Barrel .. we love Cracker Barrel!!! 




Our home for the night .. Sleep Inn ..




Good Night All .. See you in the morning!!



2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed all the pics ! Very Interesting ! Of course, The Krispie Kreme's looked delicious again ! -- I remember hearing the story of the Cadillac Ranch on I believe CBS news for one of their short stories and the end. You sure had a very interesting Vacation ! You saw so many different things and took Great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes .. I certainly never thought I would ever see all the sights I saw on this trip!!! OR eat as many Krispy Kremes .. LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete

FEEL FREE TO MAKE COMMENTS .. I love to read them and reply. Comments make you realize someone is actually looking at your blog .. LOL!!

Followers

About Me

My photo
Blogging is one of my favorite things to do .. in fact .. I have FOUR blogs .. LOL!! "MY BIT OF MORNING BLATHER" .. is just that .. a bunch of blather!! My way of keeping up with friends and family. "BERTHA'S BED AND BREAKFAST" .. this is an ongoing project about my ancestry. RAGGEDY ANNIE'S GRANNY .. is about fun things Ken and I have done and travels we have made!!! KEN AND LIZ'S BIG ADVENTURE .. is about our latest adventure .. selling our home and buying another home!! If you want to check any of them out let me know and I will send you a link!!