RAGGEDY ANNIE'S GRANNY



This blog will be all about FUN Times .. Granny's have fun times too you know .. especially Raggedy Annie's Granny .. she's always having a good time!!


Pages

Wednesday, October 5, 2016

ARIZONA ADVENUTURE DAY SIX!!!

Day Six .. Wednesday, September 28th!!!  We're at the Super 8 Motel in St. George, Utah!!!!  Getting ready for another day on the road!!!  We'll be seeing Hoover Dam and the Grand Canyon today .. WOW!!!! 

Remember the song "These Boots Were Made For Walking"??????  Well let me tell you .. these shoes were definitely made for walking!!!  They did a LOTof walking yesterday!!!!  The walk up .. up ... up .. to see the Natural Bridge .. and back down .. took us a little over 2 hours besides all the other walking in the canyons and at Hoover Dam!!!  I almost got 5 miles on my Fitbit!!!  I can't remember exactly how many steps or miles and I'm having a hard time believing I didn't write it down somewhere!!!!


Hard to believe we were up early enough to see the sun come up .. it's 8:11 am ..



Why do I have a picture of Dannon Activia Probiotic Yogurt here???  Because although I'm not usually a fan of Yogurt after we shared a Waffle and had a piece of Sausage in the Hospitality room along with our morning Coffee I decided to give the Yogurt a try and much to my surprise .. I actually liked this one .. and don't want to forget what brand it was!!!! 


8:22 AM .. we've had our Breakfast .. the car is packed .. we're ready to head out for the day!!



We weren't far from Arizona when we stopped for the night .. by 10:00 AM we were in Arizona at last!!!!!  Littlefield, Arizona.









Beaver Dam Mountains Wilderness area ..




Mesquite, Arizona .. 10:23 AM ..






WOW!!  Walmart exists way out here in the desert even!!!




Overton, Arizona ..











North Las Vegas, Nevada .. 11:13 AM!!




Las Vegas, Nevada ..


Don't get excited .. we're just going around Las Vegas .. LOL LOL LOL!!!! 











Las Vegas Cultural Corridor .. that's what my IPhone camera calls it .. LOL!!!


Yep .. this must be Las Vegas!!!





A lot of the area is surrounded by these walls ..



Henderson .. Gibson Springs .. 11:59 AM!!


Henderson .. McCullough Hills .. 12:00 PM!!!


Henderson .. Black Hills .. also 12:00 PM!!! 



Hoover Dam .. 13 miles .. Wooooo Hooooo!!!



Boulder City, Nevada  .. 12:11 PM ...













Hoover Dam .. Boulder City .. 12:23 ..
































They say to rub the toes for Good Luck .. so I did .. LOL!!!


You can see many people have rubbed these toes ..



















We even found not one but TWO penny smashers .. I guess rubbing those toes did bring us Good Luck .. LOL!!!






Leaving Hoover Dam .. 1:25 PM ..



Don't ask me .. don't remember why he's got his tongue out .. LOL LOL LOL!!!






Kingman, Arizona .. stopped for gas .. 2:36 PM ..


Of course we got a treat too ..




Comparing prices as we go through town .. LOL!!!






Ash Fork .. 3:58 PM .. Tut Tut .. looks like rain!!!


Thank Goodness we have driven out of the heavy rain before getting to the Grand Canyon!!! 



This Welcome To Arizona area looked like a neat place to take a break ..



However ..



Someone .. who shall remain nameless .. didn't want to wait around so we were off once again ..


Valle .. 5:11 PM ..


Kalibab National Forest .. 5:27 PM ..


 Tusayan .. 2 miles to the Grand Canyon .. 5:32 PM ..



And here we are .,. Grand Canyon National Park .. 5:36 PM (3:36 OUR time .. LOL!!!) ..













Mather Point ..

















Chuckling .. you can tell it was very windy .. Ken had to turn his baseball cap around so it wouldn't blow off his head .. not to mention the mess my hair is in .. LOL!!!   Sure wish I had one of those selfie sticks .. this selfie picture thing would be a whole lot easier!!!





Awesomeness everywhere .. around every turn .. these pictures don't begin to do it justice!!!


And this was on a dark drizzly day!!!  We had driven out of the heavy rain but it kept sprinkling rain every once in a while as we walked around the canyon!!!
















South Rim .. 6:39 PM .. Take a good look at the next picture after this one ..






A beautiful rainbow .. I took several pics to be sure I got it .. AWESOME!!!!






Back to Mather Point ..





Yep .. there are our shadows .. at the Grand Canyon .. Woweeeeeee!!!










South Rim again .. 6:55 PM ..



 Market Plaza .. South Rim .. 7:11 PM ..


Look what Kenny found ..


Not only a penny smasher machine but a place for a quick bite to eat!!!  As soon as I saw the word Chili I knew what I wanted .. and Ken liked that idea too .. it had been windy and chilly out there checking out the canyon .. a bowl of Chili sounded great!!! 


And it was ..





Kalibab National Forest once again .. 8:03 PM ..


8:33 PM .. Flagstaff, Arizona ..  






Downtown Flagstaff ..


Howard Johnson Hotel .. Flagstaff, Arizona .. our home away from home for the night .. Hooray .. we rest at last!!!!  9:41 PM!!! 






The end of another awesome day!!! 

P.S. I am so thankful the IPhone cameras hold on to deleted pictures for 30 days before making them disappear!!!  I looked and looked and looked and could not find the pictures of Hoover Dam and the Grand Canyon .. finally I checked the deleted pictures on my camera and Ken's and found them .. somehow I had deleted all those pictures .. however as I said earlier these phones hold on to the deleted pictures for 30 days so you get a chance to get them back .. Whew!!!  All I had to do was click on all of them then click on RESTORE and they popped right back into the albums in the photo app .. Thank You .. Thank You .. Thank You .. whoever was smart enough to put that technology in the phone!!!!!  And Thank You Lord for giving them the knowledge!!! 



2 comments:

  1. Hi Liz and Ken ! I so enjoyed your pics !! They were Wonderful !! You both looked a little tired ! (LOL) ---- I like the pics that you took with the rainbow in them too. The pics of you being serious, Liz did not look like you. You are usually smiling ! You did a great job taking all of the pics !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chuckling .. I guess you were on here checking things out and leaving your comment while I was on here posting more pics and typing away on the "story" of the day .. LOL!!!! Yeah .. the serious ones I don't much like either .. usually look serious in the selfies because I'm trying to figure out how to hold the camera far enough way so you can see what's behind us and not just our faces .. Arrrggghhhhhh!!!! Thanks for stopping in .. I think I finally have this page finished and will move on to Day Seven tomorrow!!!

    ReplyDelete

FEEL FREE TO MAKE COMMENTS .. I love to read them and reply. Comments make you realize someone is actually looking at your blog .. LOL!!

Followers

About Me

My photo
Blogging is one of my favorite things to do .. in fact .. I have FOUR blogs .. LOL!! "MY BIT OF MORNING BLATHER" .. is just that .. a bunch of blather!! My way of keeping up with friends and family. "BERTHA'S BED AND BREAKFAST" .. this is an ongoing project about my ancestry. RAGGEDY ANNIE'S GRANNY .. is about fun things Ken and I have done and travels we have made!!! KEN AND LIZ'S BIG ADVENTURE .. is about our latest adventure .. selling our home and buying another home!! If you want to check any of them out let me know and I will send you a link!!