RAGGEDY ANNIE'S GRANNY



This blog will be all about FUN Times .. Granny's have fun times too you know .. especially Raggedy Annie's Granny .. she's always having a good time!!


Pages

Blog Archive

Tuesday, February 7, 2017

DAY EIGHT .. OFF ON A DAY'S ADVENTURE TODAY!!

We are supposed to have beautiful 70 degree weather today and Ken and I decided it would be a great day to head for Charleston,  I guess I'm a bit excited .. here I sit at 5:00 in the AM pecking on the keyboard and waiting for him to roll out of bed so we can get going!!!!!  




COME ON KEN .. GET UP .. GET UP .. GET UP!!!


Good Morning .. late night playing cards at George & Vivian's after getting back from Charleston so just now getting yesterday's fun posted!!

I am happy to say Ken finally rolled out of bed yesterday morning and got a shower and dressed and we were actually headed out by 6:43 our time .. not bad!!  Temp was 51 degrees!!!  


First stop .. Friendly's for Breakfast!!! 





You gotta' have a big Breakfast if you're going out adventuring, right?????  Pancakes, Eggs and Bacon for Ken and Brioche French Toast, Eggs and Bacon for Liz .. Strawberries and Reddi Wip for the French Toast of course .. LOL!!!  Yuuuummmm .. great way to start the day!!



A very unique vehicle driving down the road beside us .. I've seen trucks jacked up like that but never a car!!!!  But let's face it .. it draws attention to the advertising!!!



The scenery the biggest part of the way .. Pine Trees .. LOL!!





We're almost there ..




Charleston Visitor Center at last!!!


We signed up for a tour at the Visitor Center and boarded a Gray Line Tour Bus!!



The big black thing outside the Charleston Museum is the Huntley.  A confederate submarine that sunk a Union ship in the Civil War and ended up sinking itself also.   There were 8 Men aboard .. many years later when the submarine was found and brought up the skeletal remains of all 8 men were still aboard!!!  Our tour guide was very knowledgeable and told us many many stories as we were taking our tour thorugh the city!!








Our tour guide is telling us the story of Fort Sumter .. it is at Fort Sumter where the first shot of the Civil War was shot!!!



The middle body of land you see across the water is Fort Sumter ..





We saw many beautiful homes and churches on our 1 1/2 hour tour of the city .. but this area by the water is the only place where we stopped and got off the bus and on the narrow roads in Charleston and being on the bus we were too close up to them to be able to get a good picture of them!!!  

  After our tour of various areas of the city we boarded a trolly to go to the Charleston City Market ..






I found a friend .. LOL!!


You never know where you're going to find a penny smasher .. LOL!!!




A little bit of fun .. how many Presidents can YOU identify?????



After the City Market we did a bit of walking on the streets ..


And found where we were going to eat .. Sticky Fingers BBQ!!!




Quite a light fixture!!!


We were intrigued by the floor .. various widths and lengths of boards .. and looking like it was at least 100 years old!!!  I asked our waiter if he knew how old the building was .. he said it was built in the 1890's!!!


After our delicious BBQ .. definitely Sticky Fingered BBQ .. we walked back to the Visitor Center parking lot where we had left our car when we boarded the tour bus. 


And we're on our way back to Myrtle Beach ... there's that bridge again ..


 
By 3:02 Missouri time .. 4:02 SC time .. temp had reached 75 .. WOW!!!!



However by the time we reached Myrtle Beach .. 6:25 SC time .. temp was going back down and was at 61!!!


We hadn't any more than walked into our abode than my phone rang and we were invited over to George and Vivian's to play cards and visit .. of course we went .. we even walked over!!!  You'd think after all the walking I did throughout the day I would have gotten my 10,000 steps but alack and alas .. NO ..I got close but did not make it .. 8,948 steps / 3.61 miles .. just had a little less than 1/2 mile to go .. but didn't realize that until I looked at my Fitbit when we got back from Geroge & Vivian's .. oh well .. at least it was close!!!  



4 comments:

  1. Hi Liz and Ken ! I hope you had a Wonderful day ! I left a message on Facebook messenger and the weight loss blog ! Glad you are having great weather. It was in the 60's here ! I went to Ron's Meat Market, Dollar General, Car wash and cleaned out my car and went to see my Grandchildren and took Megan to the DQ ! Now, Our temp. is going down to 32 by tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy ... as you will see by the pics I'm posting temp got up to 75 by the time we started back to Myrtle Beach but by the time we got back it was back down to 61!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Liz and Ken ! I just came back and looked at all your pics on your trip ! Great pics ! Beautiful Place ! Glad you got to go there ---Your weather is really nice . Liz, I wanted to tell you that our Fitbit is paying off. You look really nice and when I look in the mirror, I can tell that I have really lost weight. I thought I would brag on us for awhile !! (LOL) Big Hugs !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not sure I deserve any bragging .. I haven't lost that much this year so far but you are really doing great!!!! And I agree .. the Fitbit is definitely a big big help!!!

    ReplyDelete

FEEL FREE TO MAKE COMMENTS .. I love to read them and reply. Comments make you realize someone is actually looking at your blog .. LOL!!

Followers

About Me

My photo
Blogging is one of my favorite things to do .. in fact .. I have FOUR blogs .. LOL!! "MY BIT OF MORNING BLATHER" .. is just that .. a bunch of blather!! My way of keeping up with friends and family. "BERTHA'S BED AND BREAKFAST" .. this is an ongoing project about my ancestry. RAGGEDY ANNIE'S GRANNY .. is about fun things Ken and I have done and travels we have made!!! KEN AND LIZ'S BIG ADVENTURE .. is about our latest adventure .. selling our home and buying another home!! If you want to check any of them out let me know and I will send you a link!!