RAGGEDY ANNIE'S GRANNY



This blog will be all about FUN Times .. Granny's have fun times too you know .. especially Raggedy Annie's Granny .. she's always having a good time!!


Pages

Blog Archive

Sunday, February 19, 2017

DAY TWENTY .. A BEAUTIFUL SUNNY SUNDAY!!!!





12:30 pm .. Time to out there and enjoy the sunshine ..



Lots of people on the beach enjoying the sun and the waves ..



Kids building sand castles ..










If you make the picture bigger and look very closely you will see a black Ant pulling a white something or other across the sand ...



Ken spied the Ant first and pointed it out to me .. of course I had to get a picture of the poor thing carrying it's load across allll this sand!!!



Ken and I were not quite prepared for the warmth out there in the sun .. he had on sweats and a sweatshirt .. I had on jeans and a sweatshirt ... as you can see others had on bikinis and swim suits ... LOL!!!




AH .. the easy way to fish .. LOL!!!


Another sand castle ..


The end of the first lap of my walk is in sight ... the tall building with the blue roof!!!  When I reach that building I have walked 1300 steps ... by the time I walk back to where I started I will have 2600 steps .. 1 mile!!!! 




I love these next 4 pics .. this young man is playing on his "boogie board" I think it's called ..



He watches the waves coming in .. then at the proper moment gives his board a toss into the water  and chases after it ..


And there he is .. doing the boogie on his board ... GOOD JOB!!! 



AH .. destination in sight again .. the pink St. Clements hotel is easily spotted and my exit from the beach to Caravelle Towers is on the far side of it ..


Last pics of the beach before going in ..


Hmmmmmm ... look who's sitting on the balcony with his nose in his book ... LOL!!!  He made the first part of the walk but walking in the loose sand is hard on his leg and back so he doesn't go the whole way.


Chuckling .. I stuck my head out the door to the balcony and snapped his picture and he was so engrossed with his book he didn't even know I was there ... LOL!!! 


Ken had just a few pages to go to finish his book and I uploaded pictures while he read and then we headed back out to do some more walking and finish up my 4 miles on the Fitbit .. I just needed another 1 1/4 miles to make it!!!  

I switched to capris .. a ball cap .. a cooler top and NO sweat shirt for this walk!!!  







My Sea Gull pics are not so great this time .. my finger keeps getting on the camera eye .. LOL!!!



And then I have this one of the Sea Gulls shadow on the sand .. LOL!!! 


There you are .. it's not flying but it's a Sea Gull!!!



Now this is a great sand castle in the making!!!



Destination reached .. 


We decided to cut through between the 2 hotels and go out to Ocean Boulevard and walk on the sidewalks to finish up our walk .. that would give Ken's leg and back a break!!!  

In walking between the buildings to get to the Ocean Boulevard we saw this sign on the side of the deck .. LOL!!!


You've seen the waves on the Atlantic and the sand on the beach .. now you can see what we see when we walk down Ocean Boulevard in front of our hotel ..











Probably Ken's favorite spot in the whole place .. River City Cafe ..



























As you can see by this house .. some people build a sun deck on the top of their homes ..







GUESS WHO????  LOL LOL LOL!!!






We are almost back "home" .. the pink building you see here is the St. Clements .. the building behind it is Caravelle Towers ..




Not my best look ... LOL LOL LOL!!!! 


And here we are .. you turn down that road between Caravelle Towers and St. Clement to get to the entrance door .. Home at last .. Woooooo Hoooooo!!! 


I am happy to say we also walked to the Sea Mark later in the evening to play cards with the gang and back home and by the end of the day I had 13,876 steps .. 5.61 miles on my Fitbit!!!!  Yaaaaayyyyyy!!!  Wish I could do that every day!!!

This was the warmest day we have had since we got here .. temp actually got up to 73 beforre starting back down .. a few more days like that would be fantastic!!!!  

 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Liz and Ken, Glad to see you are having such a good time. Love all your pics but I do have 1 question. Why is Ken in his sweats on the beach while everybody else is in their swimsuits? Irene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chuckling .. we didn't realize it was going to be as warm as it was!!! I actually had on jeans and a zip up sweatshirt too ... but when we got back to our place I changed into capris and a lighter shirt and NO sweat shirt for walking later!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Liz and Ken !! Wonderful pics ! You both are so very fortunate to be in such a Beautiful place ! If I were there, I would tell you both to enjoy and I would be that lady sitting on the beach with my bathing suit on , taking a dip in the ocean and putting my feet in that white sand and just sit there and enjoy the scenery and get a tan !! Then, I would go swim in the swimming pool and sit in the hot tub and say "This is the Life" !! (LOL)

    ReplyDelete

FEEL FREE TO MAKE COMMENTS .. I love to read them and reply. Comments make you realize someone is actually looking at your blog .. LOL!!

Followers

About Me

My photo
Blogging is one of my favorite things to do .. in fact .. I have FOUR blogs .. LOL!! "MY BIT OF MORNING BLATHER" .. is just that .. a bunch of blather!! My way of keeping up with friends and family. "BERTHA'S BED AND BREAKFAST" .. this is an ongoing project about my ancestry. RAGGEDY ANNIE'S GRANNY .. is about fun things Ken and I have done and travels we have made!!! KEN AND LIZ'S BIG ADVENTURE .. is about our latest adventure .. selling our home and buying another home!! If you want to check any of them out let me know and I will send you a link!!