RAGGEDY ANNIE'S GRANNY



This blog will be all about FUN Times .. Granny's have fun times too you know .. especially Raggedy Annie's Granny .. she's always having a good time!!


Pages

Blog Archive

Wednesday, February 15, 2017

DAY SIXTEEN .. RAIN RAIN RAIN!!!


It is not a beautiful day in Myrtle Beach today!!!  Woke up to a gray .. windy .. rainy day .. with whitecaps rolling in on the Atlantic!!!! 










The Atlantic is a bit wild this morning .. couldn't get close to the beach without getting soaking wet so zooming in and getting this shot between the two buildings outside our bedroom window is the best I can do!!!!!  
RAIN .. WIND .. AND WHITECAPS!!!

Think we'd let a little rain keep us in?????  Heck no .. we picked up Jerry and Edna and headed for Panera Bread Company for Bagles and Coffee!!!  



Sad to say they were out of  my very favorite Cinnamon Crunch Bagels .. so I settled for Blueberry!!  I had to take a pic because that thing was twice as big as the Bagels at OUR Bread Company!!! Ken put his hand on the plate to show how big the Bagel is in comparison to his hand!!!! 


By the time we left Bread Co the sun had popped out just a little and the rain had stopped!!!  We headed for the Boardwalk ...
















The Alabama sign saysHome of Alabama 1973 - 1980  so I assume Alabama played there during those years .. wouldn't it have been great to be there then!!!! 




On a better day we MIGHT just take a ride on that giant Ferris Wheel .. but then again .. we might not .. LOL!!!


There is a lot more to see here but the sky was darkening and the wind was picking up and we decided to get back to the car and head "home" before the rain started again!!!  AND this would give us a couple hours rest before heading for the Santa Maria and BINGO tonight!!!! 


Bingo at the Santa Maria .. Our table did pretty good .. Jerry won a bottle of  Wine and some Crackers .. Carol won a bag of kitchen cleaner stuff .. sponge, dish draining type mat, dish washing liquid .. Vivian won a Walmart $5.00 gift certificate and I won a bag with Tortilla Chips, Salso and Cheese.  At the end of the evening they collect $1.00 for each card you play if you want to be in the "big money" game .. Jerry won $15.00 of the money collected!!!

After Bingo cards at George & Vivian's .. I actually kept all my nickels and snagged a few nickels from the others AND won the pot at "Pay Me" .. a whole $1.50 ... the thrill is in the winning not the money .. LOL LOL LOL!!!   Another fun day at Myrtle Beach .. the time is quickly going by!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Liz and Ken ! Great pics ! Yes, You don't let the rain Rain on your Parade ! (LOL) ---That was really a huge blueberry bagel !! I use to love to ride the ferris wheel. I even rode the double ferris wheel at the Illinois State Fair. After I had the kids, it made me dizzy so I did not ride it anymore. Scott said that he has never been there. Next year, hopefully, they will decide to get together in the Spring or Summer so you can really enjoy the beach, ocean , and outside activites including the swimming area. It is a Beautiful Place ! Glad you are having fun despite the weather !! Also glad you won some prizes too !

    ReplyDelete
  2. They have been coming here for the month of February for 10 years now .. they are from New York .. for them this is nice weather for Winter .. LOL!!!! Prices go up in March because that's when the tourist season starts .. another good reason for coming in February!!!!

    ReplyDelete

FEEL FREE TO MAKE COMMENTS .. I love to read them and reply. Comments make you realize someone is actually looking at your blog .. LOL!!

Followers

About Me

My photo
Blogging is one of my favorite things to do .. in fact .. I have FOUR blogs .. LOL!! "MY BIT OF MORNING BLATHER" .. is just that .. a bunch of blather!! My way of keeping up with friends and family. "BERTHA'S BED AND BREAKFAST" .. this is an ongoing project about my ancestry. RAGGEDY ANNIE'S GRANNY .. is about fun things Ken and I have done and travels we have made!!! KEN AND LIZ'S BIG ADVENTURE .. is about our latest adventure .. selling our home and buying another home!! If you want to check any of them out let me know and I will send you a link!!