RAGGEDY ANNIE'S GRANNY



This blog will be all about FUN Times .. Granny's have fun times too you know .. especially Raggedy Annie's Granny .. she's always having a good time!!


Pages

Blog Archive

Wednesday, February 8, 2017

DAY NINE .. STAY AT HOME DAY!!!!



Every once in a while you need a day to do "nothing"  .. even when you're on vacation!!!  This was our day!!!  We slept in until about 9:00 .. Breakfast .. I pecked on my keyboard .. Ken stuck his nose in his book .. and then I decided to do the laundry .. silly me .. LOL!!! 


Ken stayed in the laundry room and kept an eye on things and his nose in his book and I headed out to the beach to see if I could get 2500 steps (that's what it takes for me to walk a mile)!!!  I checked my Fitbit reading .. it was at 213 steps / .09 miles.  I told you we'd been pretty lazy .. LOL!!!  


I took a picture of this area because by the time I reached the yellow building I had 1,000 steps ..  however, I continued walking ..


By the time I reached the building on the right I had walked 1,300 steps .. 
 


I mainly took the pics to help me remember where I was when I reached 1,000 and where I was when I reached 1300.  So then I can just walk and not worry about counting or checking my reading etc. If I walk 1300 steps one direction then it should also be around 1300 steps back the other direction so that will give me a little bit over my 2500 steps for a mile.  Hope that makes sense to you .. LOL!!!   I went from 213 steps / .09 miles to 3,009 steps / 1.22 miles!!! 


And now a few ocean pics before I go back to the laundry room .. LOL!!! 




Tonight we're playing  Valentines Bingo at the Santa Maria and we were given paper plates and asked to make a valentine to bring .. below is my contribution ..


I never was very crafty .. but I tried .. LOL!!! 

The beautiful Valentine below was created by Vivian .. those are live flowers .. she took a plastic glove and put paper in the fingers and then put water in to soak into the paper and the stems of the flowers were then put into the wet fingers!!  I think if this had been a contest this one would surely have won the prize!!!

 

More Valentine plates ..  







BINGO!!!  Ken won a game .. the prize .. a certificate for 2 people to go to the Farewell Dinner for free .. 


This was Vivian's lucky night .. she won 2 Bingo games AND was one of the people to win a door prize .. Valentine Sweetheart Roses!!!  Of course I had to get a picture of the Sweethearts with the Sweetheart Roses!!!


I TRIED to get a pic of the red ring surrounding the moon as we were walking back to our place .. it didn't come out real well but here you go ..



And then off to Jerry and Edna's for Cards, Coffee and Cake .. another fun ending to the day at Myrtle Beach!! 



2 comments:

  1. Hi Liz and Ken ! I am catching up today ! I loved all the pics ! You did a great job with your Valentine,Liz ! All of them were nice. I was never Crafty ! I really liked the one with the real flowers too ! What fun ! WOW ! Ken won a Bingo game to pay for your last dinner there !Nice ! I liked all your ocean pics ! So Happy you are having a great time ! Love and Big Hugs to Both of You !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love and Big Hugs to you too!!!

    ReplyDelete

FEEL FREE TO MAKE COMMENTS .. I love to read them and reply. Comments make you realize someone is actually looking at your blog .. LOL!!

Followers

About Me

My photo
Blogging is one of my favorite things to do .. in fact .. I have FOUR blogs .. LOL!! "MY BIT OF MORNING BLATHER" .. is just that .. a bunch of blather!! My way of keeping up with friends and family. "BERTHA'S BED AND BREAKFAST" .. this is an ongoing project about my ancestry. RAGGEDY ANNIE'S GRANNY .. is about fun things Ken and I have done and travels we have made!!! KEN AND LIZ'S BIG ADVENTURE .. is about our latest adventure .. selling our home and buying another home!! If you want to check any of them out let me know and I will send you a link!!