RAGGEDY ANNIE'S GRANNY



This blog will be all about FUN Times .. Granny's have fun times too you know .. especially Raggedy Annie's Granny .. she's always having a good time!!


Pages

Blog Archive

Saturday, February 18, 2017

DAY NINETEEN .. CONWAY BOUND!!!




George and Vivian’s grandson, Alex flew in yesterday evening and  Jerry and Edna’s daughter and son-in-law are supposed to get in sometime  today .. so Ken and I decided we would take off on our own this morning and head for Conway, SC to take the “River Walk” .. check out a few antique stores .. and see what else there is to see!!! 



However .. first stop was a little coffee shop named “Second Cup” for a couple of Breakfast sandwiches and Coffee.  Jerry loves this place because they serve Lochs and Bagels!!!! 




Then we were on the road for Conway!!!  We found the first of the Antique stores we were looking for shortly after we got into town .. “Southern Pickers Antiques” … Oh My .. this place was stacked to the ceiling with “treasures” .. I guess they were treasures .. things were so stacked and so piled you really could hardly get through much less focus on what was there!!!  We didn’t spend much time in that one!!!




Next stop was "Papa's General Store" ..  I thought this was going to be a collectables store but it's a fooler .. typical touristy shop .. T shirts and do dads for the beach!!!


Walking down the street we came to the Visitor Center where we picked up a map of the area ..


We started out on the a route we found as a walking tour on the map we had picked up but didn't stay on that walk long for we came across the beginning of the "River Walk"!!  The little white church at the end of the street here was one of the historic old buildings on the walking tour map .. the 2 houses to the left are on the list of historic homes ..
 

This was the first home after passing the church .. 



This was the second one ..  

 

And then ahead of us was the "River Walk" .. 
 














After the River Walk we walked back to the main part of town .. and walked a couple of blocks looking for an Antique on Main Street .. alack and alas .. we found the store .. but there was a FOR RENT sign in the window and the building was empty!!!  By now Ken was having a bit of trouble with his back and we decided to forego the rest of the walking tour .. there were about 30 more houses and buildings to find but none of them were open to the public .. maybe we'll go back another day.  

On the way out of town we found the last of the Antique stores .. Carolina Marketplace Antique Mall .. this one was what an Antique store should be .. set up very nicely into separate booths .. and LOTS of things to look at .. but neither of us came out with a "treasure" .. but that's okay .. we enjoyed looking .. LOL!!!  Can't believe I didn't get a pic of the outside of the store .. Duuuhhhhh!!!  



Next stop was for a 2:00 lunch .. how about a Burger at "Cheeseburger In Paradise"????  


A neat beachy place .. but what do you expect when it's located at Myrtle Beach .. LOL!!!


The Women's bathroom .. OH MY!!!






And look at this burger .. 1/2 pound of Hamburger .. with Cheese, Bacon, BBQ Sauce and Onion Straws piled on top!!!   And it's MINE .. LOL!!!  Not to mention all those Fries ... YIKES!!!  Ken had the Talapia and Fries w Cole Slaw!! 




The Burger was delicious .. however .. way too much of it!!!  !/2 the Burger and the biggest part of the Fries are now in the refrigerator for another day .. LOL!!! 


3 comments:

  1. Hi Liz and Ken ! It looks like you are having a Wonderful Saturday and Good Food ! I saw on the weather on GMA that Myrtle Beach is going to have lovely weather ! Yeah ! It is highly unusual for us to have such warm weather in February here. I did things around the house today since I am going to be going to bed early and getting Maddy, Noah, Ali, And Wyatt tomorrow morning at 5 .Angie is bringing them on her way to work so I will be getting up at 4 in the morning. --Monday, I will be going over to Clark's and watching Wyatt for a few hours. I am so thrilled that you are going to get that warmer weather this year. That way you will be able to sit on the Beach and Enjoy the Ocean. You can get short Beach chairs. I use to sit on one at the Atlantic Ocean beach. They are nice to just enjoy the sounds of the Ocean or read or eat a fruit and drinks some water . Sounds Like a Plan !Love and Big Hugs to Both of you ! Your Daughter is back on Fitbit ! Now, Every one is back,except for Sharon --She is into her Greens etc. to lose her weight.Czar said my pants yesterday were too baggy. I never thought anyone would say that to me. I think I am going to have to check out my pants in the closet for smaller sizes or order new pants. Tops can be big,but pants, No --I can't believe how much Fitbit has helped me. Linda said it is not doing anything for her and she has not lost any weight. She said she is walking the miles too????

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I am all caught up on your comments for each Vacation Day !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHEW!!! I just went backwards through the postings and commented on your comments .. I didn't realize how far behind I was!!! Please do not make comments on my comments on them because I don't go back and check once I've commented on your comment and it could get totally crazy .. LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete

FEEL FREE TO MAKE COMMENTS .. I love to read them and reply. Comments make you realize someone is actually looking at your blog .. LOL!!

Followers

About Me

My photo
Blogging is one of my favorite things to do .. in fact .. I have FOUR blogs .. LOL!! "MY BIT OF MORNING BLATHER" .. is just that .. a bunch of blather!! My way of keeping up with friends and family. "BERTHA'S BED AND BREAKFAST" .. this is an ongoing project about my ancestry. RAGGEDY ANNIE'S GRANNY .. is about fun things Ken and I have done and travels we have made!!! KEN AND LIZ'S BIG ADVENTURE .. is about our latest adventure .. selling our home and buying another home!! If you want to check any of them out let me know and I will send you a link!!