RAGGEDY ANNIE'S GRANNY



This blog will be all about FUN Times .. Granny's have fun times too you know .. especially Raggedy Annie's Granny .. she's always having a good time!!


Pages

Blog Archive

Monday, February 13, 2017

DAY FOURTEEN .. TWO SLUG-A-BEDS!!!


Late night playing cards last night and we were REALLY slug-a-beds  this morning .. didn't get up until 9:30!!!  Looks like Port St. Lucie's got us beat by a long shot this morning .. LOL!!!  Others are even colder than they were .. especially Buffalo!!! 


Plans for today .. we're all going to see "La LA Land" this afternoon a.. the ladies are all wanting to see it .. the guys .. not so much .. LOL!!  But they're going!!!  This evening is a Valentine Cocktail Hour at the Santa Maria which will be a Buffet dinner.  Hard to tell what we'll be doing in between!!!   


Well, we warmed up a few degrees .. Port St. Lucie is looking pretty good right now .. LOL!!!  Didn't wear my winter coat today but there were times when the wind was blowing as we were walking across the parking lot I wished I had!!!  No walking on the beach or down the sidewalks today!!! 

Went to the movie .. some of us liked it some of us didn't .. personally .. I loved it!!!  The main theme song in the movie is still running through my head!!!  Stopped at Dunkin' Donuts for Ice Cream and Coffee .. and now we have a short time at home before going down to the Santa Maria for the Valentine Cocktail Hour for dinner.  Not sure why they call the Monday night thing Cocktail Hour when it's actually a Dinner buffet????   My Cocktail is a cup of Coffee .. LOL!! 

We had a quite a table full for the Cocktail Hour Buffet Dinner .. from the left .. Vivian, Geroge, Don, Carol, Edna, Jerry, Nancy, John, Ken and Me ..



I hadn't realized they were going to have Karaoke after the dinner .. but it was lots of fun and several people stayed!!!



John was the one who did most of the singing on the songs .. this love song he chose to go and sing directly to Nancy .. how sweet!!! 


Carole is a super nice lady from Canada .. she is a part of all the events they have for the "snowbirds" (those of us who come and stay for a month or two or three!!) .. she lead the singing on several songs!! 


She was singing this particular love song to her hubby .. 





Grant singing a love song to his wife, Jody .. 


George even got the mic a few times .. I should have taped this one but my battery was running low!!!


Carole sings Patsy Cline's "I Fall To Pieces" .. 


The last song of the evening was "What A Wonderful World" .. a great song to end the evening with!!!!  

We got up late and spent the day out and about and didn't get much walking in .. just 1.6 miles .. YIKES!!!  But it was a GREAT day!!!

 
 

4 comments:

  1. Liz, and Ken !! Have a Wonderful time !!! It is a beautiful day here and 53 right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Kathy ... we had a great time .. this was a fun day in spite of the fact that it was too darned cold to walk on the beach!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a Wonderful day ! I would have loved to see " La La Land." My EIU College friend, Nance from Georgia got to see it ! Eagle Theater did not get it. Bummer ! I am going to see "Beauty and the Beast with my second free movie ticket. "A Dog's Purpose" was Wonderful ! It reminded me a lot of "Old Yeller." It was a tear jerket ,but I blinked my eyes a lot since we were going over to "The Backporch" for supper. Now, I have used my "Backporch"gift card up. Patty wore her mask because the flu is really bad here. She also wears a cap on her head because her hair has not grown back a lot yet. --I use to sing "Crazy" by Patsy Cline when I went to Karaoke ! The Last time I sang it was at North Carolina !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Playing catch-up .. letting you know I've read this one!!!!

    ReplyDelete

FEEL FREE TO MAKE COMMENTS .. I love to read them and reply. Comments make you realize someone is actually looking at your blog .. LOL!!

Followers

About Me

My photo
Blogging is one of my favorite things to do .. in fact .. I have FOUR blogs .. LOL!! "MY BIT OF MORNING BLATHER" .. is just that .. a bunch of blather!! My way of keeping up with friends and family. "BERTHA'S BED AND BREAKFAST" .. this is an ongoing project about my ancestry. RAGGEDY ANNIE'S GRANNY .. is about fun things Ken and I have done and travels we have made!!! KEN AND LIZ'S BIG ADVENTURE .. is about our latest adventure .. selling our home and buying another home!! If you want to check any of them out let me know and I will send you a link!!