RAGGEDY ANNIE'S GRANNY



This blog will be all about FUN Times .. Granny's have fun times too you know .. especially Raggedy Annie's Granny .. she's always having a good time!!


Pages

Blog Archive

Tuesday, February 2, 2016

DAY FOUR OF THIS EXCITING NEW ADVENTURE!!!

Good Morning from the Caravelle Resort!!!  Ken was wanting to wake up in time to see the sunrise .. we did!!!  In fact we were up by about 4:30 our time .. I guess we were excited to get this day going!!!  The first thing I did once w e were up was to open the sliders just a little bit so we could hear the ocean .. and then we started keeping an eye out for the sunrise!!! 


6:43 AM .. Carolina time .. YIKES .. that's 5:43 OUR time!!! 






 The sun is coming up but it is foggy out there this morning ..


Ken was watching the sunrise .. he gave me a holler when the sun got bright enough to start peaking through the fog .. this was about 7:15 ..



The moon is still out but the sun is coming up ..


By 8:30 the pink ball of fire was up and shining ..


Let's zoom in .. LOL!!!


I wanted to see which camera would take better pics of a sun rise .. the top pics are with the camera on my IPhone and the bottom three are with my camera  using the sunrise / sunset setting .. I don't see a whole lot of difference!!! 




I don't know what excitement today holds .. we enjoyed some of Madonna's Cookies with our morning Coffee .. now that it is a decent hour we will be calling Ken's friends to let them know we have arrived and go from there!!!  I know one thing we need to do is find a grocery store and stock up a bit .. then begins the process of figuring out where we're going to put what we have bought .. our little efficiency kitchen doesn't have a whole lot of cabinet space!!!  We'll figure it out .. LOL!! 

I'm outta here for now .. catch  up with you later .. everybody have a GREAT day!!!

This is later and I'm trying to catch up .. LOL!!  In fact .. it's the next morning .. I am up early and Ken is still snuggled under the blankies .. so here I sit sipping Coffee and pecking on my keyboard!!! 

What a busy and fun day we had!!!  Breakfast was at the K & W Cafeteria .. Kenny at his best .. LOL!!!


As you may have figured out  by the name K & W Cafeteria .. this Restaurant is set up like a cafeteria .. you go through the line and pick what you want and at the end you are charged by what is on your tray ..



This young lady is at a grill and cooks your Eggs as you order them .. she also sings as she cooks!!!  She and Ken had a good time bantering back and forth as we were standing in line and she was cooking our Eggs .. LOL!!! 


This was my Breakfast of choice ..  and it was very tasty!!! 


Our cabinets were bare so we made a run to Dollar Tree and Wal Mart where we met up with Jerry and Edna and visited over Coffee in the Café area  .. that gave Jerry and Ken a chance to catch up on old times while Edna and I shopped!!!  I wish our Wal Mart had a place to sit for a while and have Coffee!!!




After getting back to the Caravelle and creating enough room in the cabinets for our groceries we had a short break but would soon be off again!!! I have time for just a couple of pictures .. LOL!!  Notice the Sea Gulls at the edge of the water ..



I never thought that I would ever be on a Golf Course but we're soon off to meet Jerry & Edna and George & Vivian at the Cane Patch Par 3 Golf Course!!!


I have been having some problems with my right shoulder lately and wasn't sure I should be swiniging a golf club so I decided I would be photographer and score keeper this time around!! 


Teeing off .. Jerry ..


I seem to have missed getting a picture of George as he teed off  .. but there he is watching Jerry's technique .. LOL!!!


Ken ..


The ladies got to move up closer to the 1st hole to tee off!!!  
Vivian ..


Edna ..










Ken is taking a bow .. his ball went in the hole on the first shot once he got it up on the green .. way to go Ken!!! 








The score keeper and Ken's caddy ..



The 9th hole .. after this one the game will be done!!!





That's it .. game over!!!  Who won?????   


Looks like the big winner was Jerry .. Great Job Jerry!!!!  Great exercise out in the open air  .. lots of laughs .. what fun!!!!  


Back to the Caravelle once again .. and then we'll be off to the Santa Maria Restaurant located in our hotel for "Cocktail Hour" .. actually it's Cocktails and Dinner!!! 


Pictures from the balcony as we listen to the waves rolling in .. I love that sound!!!


How about a closeup of those Sea Gulls ..


Just a short while later I looked out to see a young man creating this in the sand ..




I had thought he would add and I to the left of the heart for I heart God but this is how he left it ..


Time for more fun and a bite to eat ..


Waiting out table's turn to get in the buffet line .. it was Mexican night so the buffet was a Taco and Salad Bar .. and 3 different Cakes for Dessert!! After my very tasty but very messy Taco  I chose Carrot Cake .. Yummmmmm!! 


After dinner and visting time Karaoke begins ..




We stayed for a while then headed to George and Vivian's place to play a couple of rounds of "Pay Me" !!!  Ken and I didn't either one win but we had a lot of laughs with great people  to end a beautiful day at Myrtle Beach!!! 


5 comments:

  1. Hi Liz and Ken !! You put a smile on my face !! Your pics are just Beautiful !! The Ocean is so peaceful and relaxing ! I am so glad your weather is good !! You are going to enjoy it so much more than last year when it was all ice !! You may even get to walk on the Beach without coats !! Love and Big Hugs to you Both !! What a Beautiful place ! Enjoy !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Believe it or not we went everywhere without coats yesterday!!! Had a zip up sweatshirt on part of the day though!!! Getting ready to post the rest of the day's pics and story ..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank You Kathy and Cris for stopping by!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Liz and Ken ! I just checked out this last posting. What a Wonderful day you had yesterday ! Pics were great ! What a Fun Vacation !! (good company,good food, and plenty of good entertainment ! I liked your pic, Liz on the golf course. Yes, You have a Wonderful husband ! (push down your crown , Ken !! (LOL)

    ReplyDelete

FEEL FREE TO MAKE COMMENTS .. I love to read them and reply. Comments make you realize someone is actually looking at your blog .. LOL!!

Followers

About Me

My photo
Blogging is one of my favorite things to do .. in fact .. I have FOUR blogs .. LOL!! "MY BIT OF MORNING BLATHER" .. is just that .. a bunch of blather!! My way of keeping up with friends and family. "BERTHA'S BED AND BREAKFAST" .. this is an ongoing project about my ancestry. RAGGEDY ANNIE'S GRANNY .. is about fun things Ken and I have done and travels we have made!!! KEN AND LIZ'S BIG ADVENTURE .. is about our latest adventure .. selling our home and buying another home!! If you want to check any of them out let me know and I will send you a link!!