RAGGEDY ANNIE'S GRANNY



This blog will be all about FUN Times .. Granny's have fun times too you know .. especially Raggedy Annie's Granny .. she's always having a good time!!


Pages

Blog Archive

Sunday, February 7, 2016

SUPER BOWL SUNDAY!!!

SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 7 .. No bright ball of sun out there this morning!!!  36 degrees!! 




We must have gotten really hard rain last night .. the heart God is gone from the beach!!! 


We  had a lazy afternoon / evening yesterday .. I actually got the whole day's pictures and stories posted and Ken had a chance to read his book and watch Forest Gump on TV!!!   And then we got the cards and Dominoes out .. I beat him at Kings In The Corner .. 8 games to 7 .. very close!!!  And he tromped me at  Dominoes  .. he ended with 115 points .. I ended with 215 .. YIKES!!! 


We''ll be having a Super Bowl Party at Jerry and Edna's this evening .. we were going to pop a couple of pans of Brownies in the oven this morning however .. we did not think of Cooking Oil when we were buying our cart full of groceries the other day AND we have discovered there are no measuring cups or measuring spoons in the cabinets!!!  Sooooooo we're heading for Dollar Tree or Wal Mart very shortly .. whichever one we come to first .. LOL!!!! 

There's going to be a Potluck Supper at the Santa Maria tomorrow evening .. you're supposed to take "a dish common to your home area" so of course we're taking Brownies to that too .. there's nothing more common to OUR home than Brownies .. LOL!!! 

I'm outta here .. everybody have a GREAT day!!

10:58 am ..

Stepped out on the balcony in time to see a couple of guys standing by the water talking .. all of a sudden one of the guys ripped off his shirt and headed for the water .. and I ran for my camera to get a pic!!! By the time I got back he was out of the water .. stopped long enough for the other guy to snap a pic .. and he went running for the hotel .. 36 degrees and 18 mph winds . it must have been a dare .. LOL LOL LOL!!!


It was funny to watch .. the poor guy was running like mad .. LOL!!  Wish I had taken a video .. LOL LOL LOL!!! 

Still just 37 degrees here at Myrtle Beach!!!   We got out earlier and went to Wal Mart to get the things we needed to be able to make the Brownies .. also bought a Strawberry Cheesecake and a Turtle Cheesecake to take to Edna's this evening and some Chex Mix / Cashews and M & Ms to make a munchie mix to take!!  This has turned out to be a really lousey day weatherwise .. we wore our heavy coats and were still cold .. and it was pouring rain!!!   Happy to be back at the Caravelle and toasty warm!!!  Hard to believe it's colder there than it is back home .. LOL!! 

I just took the Brownies out of the oven and the place smells delicious!!!    It will be hard to stay out of them until the pot luck tomorrow evening .. LOL!! 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Liz and Ken !! Yes, Our Weather was Beautiful today (Blue sky, Sunny and right now, It is 57 outside. It was a little windy,but other than that, a perfect day ! Czar and I really enjoyed the Steak-n-shake and the pretty drive to Vincennes and back ---I just had a nice visit with Scott on the phone. Katrena and Megan took Keely, Maddy, and Ali with their dolls to the Fife Opera House for their Little girl's tea party that they have ever Super Bowl Sunday afternoon. They were going to get all dressed up and dress up their dolls too. I imagine Katrena will post them on her facebook. I dressed all up today and you can see my Cousin ,Czar and me on Facebook at Steak-n-shake. Sorry your weather is not good, but one good thing, most of your activities are indoors while you are in North Carolina. Have a great time at your Super Bowl Party and your Get-to-gether tomorrow ! It is too bad the the heart and God on the Beach was gone ,but the rain probably washed it away. Scott said it is cool there too as you had mentioned that Florida was getting cool weather also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy . It's still great to be here even if the weather is bad right now .. surely it will get beautiful again before our days here are over .. I hope .. LOL!!! Having fun with the Myrtle Beach Gang in spite of the weather!!!

    ReplyDelete

FEEL FREE TO MAKE COMMENTS .. I love to read them and reply. Comments make you realize someone is actually looking at your blog .. LOL!!

Followers

About Me

My photo
Blogging is one of my favorite things to do .. in fact .. I have FOUR blogs .. LOL!! "MY BIT OF MORNING BLATHER" .. is just that .. a bunch of blather!! My way of keeping up with friends and family. "BERTHA'S BED AND BREAKFAST" .. this is an ongoing project about my ancestry. RAGGEDY ANNIE'S GRANNY .. is about fun things Ken and I have done and travels we have made!!! KEN AND LIZ'S BIG ADVENTURE .. is about our latest adventure .. selling our home and buying another home!! If you want to check any of them out let me know and I will send you a link!!