RAGGEDY ANNIE'S GRANNY



This blog will be all about FUN Times .. Granny's have fun times too you know .. especially Raggedy Annie's Granny .. she's always having a good time!!


Pages

Blog Archive

Saturday, February 27, 2016

URINETOWN THE MUSICAL!!

FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 26

Strange name for a play I know .. LOL!!!    This was a live performance  at the Theater of the Republic in Conway, S C.    These are not professional performers they are volunteers who live in and around the community!!!  


But First .. Dinner at the  "Grumpy Monk" in Myrtle Beach!!! 




A very busy .. very noisy  place!!!   And on top of the noise of everybody talking this poor guy was playing his guitar and singing .. I felt a little bad  for him .. how frustrating it must be to sing and play your heart out and everybody just keeps talking .. no applause . nobody watching ... I guess he surely must be used to it though !!! 









And we're off to Conway to see URINETOWN THE MUSICAL!!


 George says this tree was the hanging tree in days of old ..  bad guys were hung from that branch sticking out to the left!!!  An interesting little tidbit!!




ONE OF THE MOST UPROARIOUSLY FUNNY MUSICALS IN YEARS, URINETOWN IS A HILARIOUS TALE OF GREED, CORRUPTION, LOVE, AND REVOLUTION IN A TIME WHEN WATER IS WORTH ITS WEIGHT IN GOLD. IN A GOTHAM-LIKE CITY, A TERRIBLE WATER SHORTAGE, CAUSED BY A 20-YEAR DROUGHT, HAS LED TO A GOVERNMENT-ENFORCED BAN ON PRIVATE TOILETS. WITH A WINK TO ITS OLD “UNISEX” BATHROOMS, CIRCLE CAN’T HELP BUT RELISH THIS EDGY MUSICAL TREAT.  CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW TO SEE A LITTLE MORE ABOUT THE PLAY ..


As  you can see we got to the theater just a bit early .. but that's okay .. it gave me a chance to get some pictures!!! 







The theater did actually fill up .. however, our photographer failed to get a picture of  the filled theater!!!  I got very lucky .. the 2 seats directly in front of Ken and I remained empty the whole  night so we had no problem being able to see  everything!!!

As usual no pictures allowed but I did snap a couple of pictures of the lineup at the end of the performance ..




 And the cast lined up outside the theater  afterwards .. I was in hopes of getting some good pics then but  too many people were rushing up to congrat them on a great performance so the pic below is it!!    See the  girl in lonnnnggg pony tails???  She was "Little Sally" .. my favorite character .. at least I got a picture of her .. LOL!!



According to information out there on the internet when   this play ran on Broadway it won awards .. it even won a Tony Award!!! 

And if you want to see more .. I found this video  of the entire   play  but it is not performed by this group . it is performed by a group called The Studio Players!!!  It is 2 hours long .. you will have time during the credits at the beginning to fix yourself a drink and a snack  before viewing ..  LOL!!!    Just click on the link ..



And the night ended with another beautiful full moon!!! 







1 comment:

  1. Hi Liz and Ken !! I did not know you had posted this one !! Glad you had a great time last night !! I was wondering if you liked the "Grumpy Monk" and the play "Urinetown." Great pics and a beautiful pic of the full moon over the ocean !! (End of a perfect day )

    ReplyDelete

FEEL FREE TO MAKE COMMENTS .. I love to read them and reply. Comments make you realize someone is actually looking at your blog .. LOL!!

Followers

About Me

My photo
Blogging is one of my favorite things to do .. in fact .. I have FOUR blogs .. LOL!! "MY BIT OF MORNING BLATHER" .. is just that .. a bunch of blather!! My way of keeping up with friends and family. "BERTHA'S BED AND BREAKFAST" .. this is an ongoing project about my ancestry. RAGGEDY ANNIE'S GRANNY .. is about fun things Ken and I have done and travels we have made!!! KEN AND LIZ'S BIG ADVENTURE .. is about our latest adventure .. selling our home and buying another home!! If you want to check any of them out let me know and I will send you a link!!