RAGGEDY ANNIE'S GRANNY



This blog will be all about FUN Times .. Granny's have fun times too you know .. especially Raggedy Annie's Granny .. she's always having a good time!!


Pages

Blog Archive

Friday, February 12, 2016

WHOOPS ....


FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 12

Just popping in to say GOOD MORNING .. thats' all I have time for this morning .. meeting the rest of the gang for Breakfast at 9:00 and didn't get u p until  8:05 ..  YIKES!!!   Breakfast at Friendlys .. Flea Market .. and who knows what else .. see ya'  later  !!!   Have a GREAT day!!!


Oh My .. we are staying out entirely too late ..  I'm getting behind on posting our day's adventures!!!     Yesterday we were busy all day!!!  Coffee Hour and Brunch at the Santa Maria .. Sausage Links / French Toast /  Melon slices / and Mini Danish Rolls.     And then Ken and I took off to do a bit of  "treasure hunting" ..



We actually went to 4 concignment stores .. 1 of them  the money taken in goes to helping people  with  Autism and their families .. and  the store also has people with Autism being trained there to work at jobs with the public and others working on craft items that they sell in the store!!!  I bought the treasures below in that store ..


I knew where the Cardinal was going to go as soon as I saw it ..  on the handle of the old wooden hand plow sitting in front of the shepherd's hook holding the bird / squirrel feeders in our back yard!!! 

The last store of the afternoon  was of course .. a GOODWILL STORE!!!  Having worked at Goodwill for 6 years  I HAVE to look for the Goodwill Stores in the area!!! 


Look what I found here .. a Scarecrow sweat shirt with the tags still on it!!!  If you know me .. you know I have a thing for Scarecrows .. LOL!!! 


We were meeting the rest of the gang at Liberty Taproom and Grill at 5:00  so we cout our "treasure hunt" short and headed back to Myrtle Beach for a short rest and them  up and out  to enjoy dinner with our friends!! 

There were many areas of this place I would love to have gotten pictures of but it was very busy and people everywhere .. hopefully we will go there again one day when it's not quite so busy!!! 



After our delicious dinner at the Liberty we joined up with Don and Carol at The Santa Maria to play cards until all hours of the night .. actually only a  little after 10 ..  but it seemed a lot later than that .. LOL!!! 

That was our busy Thursday .. then we come to TODAY .. and waking up and looking at the clock and seeing that it was a little after 8 and we were going out to Breakfast at 9!!!  We wake up extra early almost every morning since we've been here and this morning  we almost overslept!!!!  It took a bit of rushing around be we made it on time .. 5 minutes early actually .. LOL!!

Just like the name  Friendly's is a friendly place .. we enjoyed going here when we were in Myrtle Beach last year ..  the food is good .. prices are decent .. and service is friendly .. what more can you ask????? 




And then to  Hudson's Flea Market at  Surfside Beach ..


Sad to say this enormous Flea Market turned out to be another Vendor Mall more than a Flea Market .. building after building  of  new items and prices just as high or sometimes higher as in the stores around Myrtle Beach!!   Plus this was not a good day to be walking through building after building with doors standing open and the wind blowing the very very cold air in .. Brrrrrrrrrr!!!  I bought a pair of gloves to help keep my hands warm and a very thick emery board that is supposed to last forever  .. these were both cheap .. $1.00 each .. last of the bigtime spenders .. LOL!!!


Peggy's Antiques  was very close .. practically in the same parking lot and we checked it out but  no "treasures" were found ..     prices much too high. 


  We all decided it was time go back to our "homes away from home" and get warm   .. Jerry & Edna and Ken & I will get together later but George and Vivian will be going to the airport to pick up 2 of their teenage grandchildren who will be spending a week with them. 

Ken is stretched out on the bed snoozing away and I think it's time for me to do the same  ..  what do you think?????? 

11:19 pm .. This being the weekend  the hotel is getting very busy and the spaces in the parking garage here  are  filling up fast .. Ken was afraid there would be no place left to park in the garage if we left and didn't get back until late so we actually walked over to  Jerry and Edna's place at the Sea Mark Towers this evening!     It's not far  .. the   equivalent of maybe a couple of blocks.    Turns out  George and Vivian's grandchildren didn't make it in ..  they live in New York and  their flight was canceled because of the weather there.   Now saying they will get here Monday.     Edna  fixed us a great supper  and then we played Mexican Train Dominoes and lo and behold I actually won!!!   Surprised me!!! 

I'm outta here again .. see ya' in the morning!!! 


2 comments:

  1. Hi Liz and Ken ! I just read your comments from yesterday and today ! Great pics ! Good food and Fun ! I liked your treasures (your sweatshirt, bird feeder, and little gingerbread men. ) Yes, That bird feeder will look good on the wooden hand plow in your back yard. I like that they help people with Autism also. -That Statue of Liberty from the "Liberty tap room and Grill ) was Awesome ! ---That Goodwill Store is really nice on the outside ! Where are the pics of the ocean ? I like the pics that you take of the ocean every day as the Sun comes up or the Sun sets ! So happy that you both are having so much fun !! Enjoy your night ! By the way, I like Mickey and Minnie Mouse with the Valentine Chocolate !

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the time we got up this morning there was no beautiful pink sunrise .. it was cloudy and dreary gray out there .. not very pretty this morning!!! the Statue of Liberty at the Liberty Taproom was a lot prettier than it looked in the picture!! That is a very neatly decorated place. I was hoping I could find a website for them that would show the décor but no such luck!!1

    ReplyDelete

FEEL FREE TO MAKE COMMENTS .. I love to read them and reply. Comments make you realize someone is actually looking at your blog .. LOL!!

Followers

About Me

My photo
Blogging is one of my favorite things to do .. in fact .. I have FOUR blogs .. LOL!! "MY BIT OF MORNING BLATHER" .. is just that .. a bunch of blather!! My way of keeping up with friends and family. "BERTHA'S BED AND BREAKFAST" .. this is an ongoing project about my ancestry. RAGGEDY ANNIE'S GRANNY .. is about fun things Ken and I have done and travels we have made!!! KEN AND LIZ'S BIG ADVENTURE .. is about our latest adventure .. selling our home and buying another home!! If you want to check any of them out let me know and I will send you a link!!