RAGGEDY ANNIE'S GRANNY



This blog will be all about FUN Times .. Granny's have fun times too you know .. especially Raggedy Annie's Granny .. she's always having a good time!!


Pages

Blog Archive

Saturday, February 27, 2016

OUR LAST DAY AT MYRTLE BEACH!!!

SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 28

 Can't say Good Morning  for I'm late .. LOL!!  However, we did get up early enough to some sunrise pictures and a video this morning!!! 








Click on the link below to see the video and   hear the Sea Gulls and the waves rolling in ..


We were off bright and early this morning to join Jerry and Edna at the K & W Cafeteria for their Breakfast Buffet  .. our favorite singing  .. palaver with Ken .. cook was doing the Eggs this morning  but I sure messed up on the picture I took!!  She called Jerry a good looking young man and Ken told her she needed glasses .. needless to say this started a bit of bantering back and forth that every person in line got a kick out of .. LOL!! 


The guys got the whole Egg, Meat, Potatoes, Toast thing .. Edna and I had been looking for Waffles with Strawberries and Whipped Cream .. Yummmmmmm!!! 


Jerry and Edna headed back to pack up and load the car for they will be leaving in the morning also .. we headed back for a little rest and relaxation before   going to George and Vivian's place  .. we're getting together early this evening for our card playing so those of us who are leaving in the morning can get "home" early and rest up for our many miles on the road!!!


I heard a bird tweeting in this  Berry Bush and wanted to catch it in a pic  but    as luck would have it off it flew before I snapped the button!!  Oh well .. I like the pic anyway .. LOL!!!

Gonna go take a last walk on the beach ..   I'm outta here .. see  ya' later ..  hope you're having a GREAT day!!

I need some more practice taking selfies .. but here you go .. Liz and Ken taking their last 2016 walk along the ocean at Myrtle Beach ..


Click on the link below to join us in our last walk ..  I had a bit of excitement while I was taping .. a Dolphin started jumping out of the water .. what a surprise!!!  Ken was further down the beach from me and when he saw the Dolphin there were 2 other Dolphins with it but closer to the beach .. I only saw the 1 .. but how neat that we should see Dolphins on our last day on the beach!!! 


One last look at the beach before heading back  .. 
time to spruce up a bit and head over to the Sea Mark Towers!!!



 9:34 PM .. Our last day  at Myrtle Beach is almost finished!!!    Vivian once again cooked a delicious dinner for all of us .. Meat Loaf ,  Chicken, Mashed Potatoes, Gravy, Brocoli, Salad and Hawaiian King Dinner Rolls.   Cookies and Ice Cream for Dessert.   Of course we played a few games of cards for our last evening together ..  and I actually won the quarter pot from the Pay Me game AND the nickel pot from the Scat / Blitz game!!!!   Don't mean to be bragging but I'm not usually that lucky so just have to share it .. LOL!!!   Our  Good Bye hugs at the end of the evening left the heart a bit sad ..  these are fun and good people we have spent  this month with .. we will miss them!!! 

 During a break in the card playing George pointed out the beautiful sunset right off their balcony  and I got an opportunity to snap a couple of pics ..





 11:13 .. OH MY .. it has gotten late!!!  Pics are posted .. story is told .. finally got the video of our last walk on the beach straightened out and posted .. time to head for bed .. and rest up for a day or 2 on the road .. Good Night All!!! 










6 comments:

  1. Hi Liz and Ken ! I so enjoyed your Whole Vacation at Myrtle Beach ! I will miss the Sunrise and the Atlantic Ocean and Beach from your Hotel room ! This is what makes it nice that you have all the pics and videos etc. right on your computer anytime you want to look at them and remember what fun you and Ken had with your friends ! What an enjoyable Vacation you have had and it has not ended yet. Now, You are off to Florida !!! Be Careful and Be Safe and Enjoy the Florida Sunshine !! Hope you had a good time last night and Have a great day today !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Breakfast, Great pics, and an Awesome Video of the Sun rising over the Ocean and the sound of the Seagulls !! I so enjoyed your last video of the Atlantic Ocean in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just posted another last video of walking on the beach .. couldn't resist one more walk and video .. LOL!!! Yes it has been a great vacation and great time spent with friends .. sad leaving here but now looking forward to seeing Tim, Krysti, Sydni, Summer and Oceanna in Port St. Lucie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kyle just called me and we had such a nice talk ! He is a good Grandson. He had fixed a steak and garlic fried potatoes for his supper. I looked up and you had posted a selfie of you and Ken .That is a great pic of both of you !! I am so glad that you got to see dolphins !! When I went out on Scott's boat the last time I was there, I got to see dolphins leaping out of the water around 11 in the morning. It was Awesome !! Also, happy you posted another video ! What a great meal you had tonight and you won twice ! Kudos to you, Liz !! Now, Onward Ho to Port St. Lucie to see your Family !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pics !! I could not believe that you got the video of the dolphin jumping out of the water. That was soooo cool !!! Thanks again, for my postcard today !! It came on your last day at Myrtle Beach and put a smile on my face !! ---I typed to Hannah and Jason and Hannah went to Scott's tonight for a cookout and they had hamburgers and a cake for his 11th Birthday !! (actually 44 ) -- Good Night !!! Safe Travels !!! Now, to Florida (The Sunshine State ) !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was thrilled to see the Dolphin jump up out of the water .. so nice to have something really special happen in the last video!!! Wish I had seen and taped the 3 Dolphins that Ken saw!!! We sure missed that view of the ocean and the sound when we went to bed last night and got up this morning!!!

    ReplyDelete

FEEL FREE TO MAKE COMMENTS .. I love to read them and reply. Comments make you realize someone is actually looking at your blog .. LOL!!

Followers

About Me

My photo
Blogging is one of my favorite things to do .. in fact .. I have FOUR blogs .. LOL!! "MY BIT OF MORNING BLATHER" .. is just that .. a bunch of blather!! My way of keeping up with friends and family. "BERTHA'S BED AND BREAKFAST" .. this is an ongoing project about my ancestry. RAGGEDY ANNIE'S GRANNY .. is about fun things Ken and I have done and travels we have made!!! KEN AND LIZ'S BIG ADVENTURE .. is about our latest adventure .. selling our home and buying another home!! If you want to check any of them out let me know and I will send you a link!!