RAGGEDY ANNIE'S GRANNY



This blog will be all about FUN Times .. Granny's have fun times too you know .. especially Raggedy Annie's Granny .. she's always having a good time!!


Pages

Blog Archive

Friday, February 5, 2016

DON'T SEE ANY SUNSHINE OUT THERE!!


FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 5

Good Morning!!  Sunshine or not it's great to be at Myrtle Beach .. the waves are still rolling in and rolling out ..  love that sound!!! 


The view outside our window this morning .. notice the heart God is still there in the sand!!!



And the view inside ..


We got back to our room at a fairly decent hour last night and jumped right in on getting things packed up and ready for the move downstairs  .. suitcases on the bed are waiting for all those last minute things .. LOL!!! 

We had a large group of card players at the Santa Maria  last night .. Don (the Bingo caller ) and his wife Carol joined us.  We played a game of Pay Me and a game of Scat .. Scat is like Blitz but a little bit different.   Ken and I both lost all of the nickels we played .. and our quarters too .. LOL!!   Pay Me each person puts a quarter in the pot and the person with the lowest number of points at the end of the game gets the pot .. you start out with 11 nickels and each round whoever gets the right cards to call "Pay Me" everybody pays them a nickel .. and you keep however many nickels you accumulate through the game .. Scat you put a quarter in the pot .. and you start out with 3 nickels .. the person with the lowest number of points in their hand at the end of each round pays a nickel to the pot .. you get to play one round on your honor .. and then you're out ..the person who keeps their last nickel wins the pot!!  Edna won the Scat game and Carol won Pay Me!!!  You lose a whole $1.20 if you're not the winner .. that's a whole lot of fun and a whole lot of laughs for a dollar and twenty cents .. LOL!!! 

Madonna just called to let us know it's 24 degrees as she is headed to St. Louis for work .. it was 19 degrees when she got up.  I checked our temp here and it's only 39 but that's a whole lot better than 24 .. LOL!!! I can hear the wind howling too .. I think it's not going to get very warm here today!!! 

I'm outta here .. time to have some Breakfast and get going on the big move ..

8:20 am .. WOW!!  The sun is coming up at last ..



SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 6 .. What a day we had yesterday .. didn't get home until late last night so here I am bright and early in the morning getting ready to post the pictures and the stories from yesterday!!! 

The move is made and we are all settled in at last ..




As you can see the setup is the same .. except that we now have a King Size Bed and 2 nightstands instead of 1 and a nice comfy chair for Ken to watch TV from when I am pecking away on my keyboard .. LOL!! We also gained an electric can opener the other one didn't have!!! 





Still have that beautiful view from the windows .. and the sound of the ocean waves ..


Nicer chairs on the balcony ..




One more picture from the balcony .. if you look real hard you can see a BUNCH of Sea Gulls floating on the water .. the 2 ladies now walking away had been tossing bread out to attract them .. Ken gave me a holler so I could get a pic and of course by the time I got the camera and got to the balcony the ladies were walking away!!!


After snapping that last picture we left for Jerry and Edna's apartment at Sea Marks Hotel .. we're all getting together there to go to Lunch and then to the Myrtle Beach Mall to the Cinema to watch "The Revenant". 

The view from Jerry and Edna's balcony .. their hotel is not oceanfront but you still get a great view of the ocean ..


I asked Edna if it was okay to take pics of their place so you could see how the apartments are set up ..



Notice there are TWO double closets before the Master Bathroom.  The Master Bath has double sinks!!


There is also another full bath ..


The second bedroom ..  


And a third bedroom ..


Washer and dryer in the kitchen and LOTS of cabinets and countertops!!!  


A very nice home away from home ..  something to consider next time .. but we would be giving up the oceanfront view and sound!!!  Hmmmmm .. ???????


Off to Sam's Corner for a light lunch ..


What did I have????  A Hot Dog of course .. but they also had Burgers and other sandwiches!!  Neat place!!!


And then to the  theater and "The Revenant" ...  a good  movie that  held your attention but was very bloody and gory .. definitely not a "chick flick"!!! 


After the movie we all went to our separate "homes" for a rest before getting together again for Supper.  Ken and I got quite a surprise when we got back to the Caravelle .. the elevators didn't work!!!  The highest parking garage is on the 6th floor and our room is on the 12th floor .. we had to climb the stairs  up 6 stories and there were 2 sets of stairs for each story!!  We had stopped and bought more groceries before going on to out place so we were carrying 3 bags of groceries apiece as we were climbing those stairs!!!  AND the stairs are in a place of their own  that is closed off by doors .. with the doors closed it was total darkness .. I used the flashlight on my phone to light the way!!!  What an adventure!!!   We had to stop a few times and catch up on our breathing but we finally made it to the 112th floor and room 1213!!!  We got our groceries put away and stretched out to rest .. just a short while before time to leave to meet up with everybody again .. the blower on the heat started blowing .. lights came on .. refrigerator started running ..  Yayyyyyyyyyyy!!!  Thank You Lord!!  They are doing all that remodeling here at the hotel and we thought the problem probably had something to do with that but when we got together with the others  it turns out that they had no electric when they got to their hotel too .. must have been a transformer out somewhere?????

Supper .. Bimini's Oyster Bar and  Seafood Café ..



A very popular place!!!


 





 

Of course I did NOT  get any pictures inside the Pirate's Bathroom .. LOL!!!


 A very neat and very very noisy place to eat Seafood!!! 

Next stop was George and Vivain's place at Sea Marks .. Ken and I taught them how to play Farkle .. and they TRIED to teach us how to play Euchre .. I brought the instructions back with us so I can do some studying and try to get it all straight in my head and then  help Kenny get it into his head .. a very confusing game .. LOL!!  Another fun day / night at Myrtle Beach with a great bunch of friends!!!






4 comments:

  1. Hi Liz and Ken ! I just posted on the weight loss blog. Beautiful Ocean view ! Isn't it amazing how the heart for Love God is still there ! I think that is Awesome !! Glad you both are having fun with all of Ken's friends ! It was a Beautiful day here today. We had a fun time at Rosati's !(Good Conversation and Good food) --Linda and I ran some errands and then, we went in the place on the square in Robinson and checked out the "Turn About.". I saw a picture that had various antiques displayed and sleds etc in an awesome background. I told Linda that you would just love that picture. It was $30. Then,I saw a Spring pic that I would be interested in putting over the stove fireplace this Spring,but we just did a lot of looking. The Sun was out here and now , at 8 in the evening ,it is 33 outside ! --Have a great day tomorrow ! Hope you like your new "Room With a View" !!! Love and Big Hugs to Both of you !! Nite !

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know me well Kathy .. that picture with the old sleds and antiques does soung like something I would like!!! As you will see when you come back to the page I have posted pics and the room is pretty much the same .. we are happy with it .. now if we could get the weather to go back to what it was when we got here we would be REAL happy with it .. LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL --I just asked questions above that were answered here ! I think this is the nicest room you have had yet !! --I thought every one was in the same Hotel ? Yes, That is a very nice place,but do they live there? (since they have 3 bedrooms etc. or do they have others staying there too) --I like your room by the ocean the best.It is so relaxing to see and hear the ocean and be able to see the Sun rise and Sun Set ,and moon etc. from your terrace. Although the other place is nice, I vote for your place ! -Very nice movie theater (I do not like blood and guts shows either)-It is too bad that you did not get to watch a good show there. Great places to eat and of course, I would have loved the seafood one the Best ! I am so happy that you are having so much fun !! You have been very Blessed with good weather so you have to take the ? weather too. Great pics !! --That is such a pretty pic of you, Liz ! You brought the right outfits too ! We are Blessed to look young for our age !! (LOL) --Maybe, It is because we enjoy life and have a positive attitude ! Big Hugs to both of you !! (I am so sorry that you had to walk up all those stairs and with groceries too! ) -Glad your electric is ok now !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chuckling .. walking up all those stairs is probably why I still weigh 140.5 .. LOL!!! I assume you must have commented on what I posted for this morning before you posted this comment .. LOL!!! No Jerry and Edna don't live in that place they just rent for the month of February .. same with George and Vivian. I figured those places were probably at least twice as much as this type of room but got a paper of prices for various rooms and it is only about 300 more a month than this one!!! So debating on getting a place like that next year if we do this!! But I'm like you .. hate giving up being able to see and hear the ocean like we do here. There are hotels all around this area we need to take a day and check some of the others that have oceanfront places out and see how they are priced. This one doesn't have the apartments to rent.

    ReplyDelete

FEEL FREE TO MAKE COMMENTS .. I love to read them and reply. Comments make you realize someone is actually looking at your blog .. LOL!!

Followers

About Me

My photo
Blogging is one of my favorite things to do .. in fact .. I have FOUR blogs .. LOL!! "MY BIT OF MORNING BLATHER" .. is just that .. a bunch of blather!! My way of keeping up with friends and family. "BERTHA'S BED AND BREAKFAST" .. this is an ongoing project about my ancestry. RAGGEDY ANNIE'S GRANNY .. is about fun things Ken and I have done and travels we have made!!! KEN AND LIZ'S BIG ADVENTURE .. is about our latest adventure .. selling our home and buying another home!! If you want to check any of them out let me know and I will send you a link!!